Equinox follow up dry dock 2021?

39august

I have read several different posts that mention Equinox as having a second refurb dry dock as this year's was only partially done. Where is this information coming from? Has there been a formal announcement from Celebrity about this?  We are just off the Equinox for the 4th time in our first Sky Suite. Everything was great and everyone I spoke with was very happy with the ship's facilities and appearance. I was most happy with the balcony furniture and the lack of the proposed large suites taking away from the Sky Lounge and the lack of proposed new cabins on several decks. For instance I believe the library was supposed to be turned into inside cabins and the card room done away with. Those would be huge minuses to me and I hope those changes are never made.

Hopefully they have learnt something and never do it. For long term success you should not constantly increase rates for a higher quality product and squeeze in more people for more crowds in less public space at the same time....

4 hours ago, 39august said:

I have read several different posts that mention Equinox as having a second refurb dry dock as this year's was only partially done. Where is this information coming from? Has there been a formal announcement from Celebrity about this?  We are just off the Equinox for the 4th time in our first Sky Suite. Everything was great and everyone I spoke with was very happy with the ship's facilities and appearance. I was most happy with the balcony furniture and the lack of the proposed large suites taking away from the Sky Lounge and the lack of proposed new cabins on several decks. For instance I believe the library was supposed to be turned into inside cabins and the card room done away with. Those would be huge minuses to me and I hope those changes are never made.

We are just off Equinox.

We were told that the rest of the planned refurbishment would take place at its next major refit which will now not be until the last of the other ships go for a refit...

Like you we found the ship generally is in good shape, no issues at all with decor, we thought the new Retreat Lounge was very tasteful....

Whilst generally we had a good cruise we did find the partial refit less than perfect. The Retreat Deck was very hot in port and hot and breezy at sea. With only a limited number of sunbeds in the shade at any time we found it under-utilised. In addition it is not accessible. The additions of a spa tub and shower and some creative shade are really needed.

You may have been happy with your balcony furnishings but we were not. We were in a RS with two hard chairs and a table and two hard recliner chairs with rounded footstools. Our butler ‘aquired’ several large cushions but we were still in less comfort than on our previous cruises....

Most other suite guests we spoke to (and we spoke to a lot) were happy with the Retreat Lounge but disappointed with the Retreat Deck (although we all thought it better than nothing).....

Looking forward to seeing the Silhouette post revolution....

Edited by chemmo

I totally agree about the Sun deck, but since I knew about the lack of shade and water feature was not  disappointed. The service there was great.  So who told you that the rest of the refurb would not be until after all the other ships were done, please?  A side note:  padded chairs/lounger on balcony  would be nice.  

23 minutes ago, 39august said:

I totally agree about the Sun deck, but since I knew about the lack of shade and water feature was not  disappointed. The service there was great.  So who told you that the rest of the refurb would not be until after all the other ships were done, please?  A side note:  padded chairs/lounger on balcony  would be nice.  

We knew about the lack of water feature and shading before boarding from CC not from Celebrity. We did expect it to be hot but not that lacking in shade. We did love the decor and comfortable seating but such a pity it is not more useable....Agree service was very good. Not surprising as I don’t think we ever saw more than 6/8 guests up there at a time...

We asked the suite manager re future plans...As dates keep being changed I would monitor carefully if it is important to you.

I honestly found the lack of a sun lounger a real ‘miss’. Cushions made sitting out possible but not lying out...I love an afternoon balcony nap and my husband enjoys lying out at night stargazing, just not possible.

RS used to have two padded dining chairs and a very comfortable lounger.....

Edited by chemmo