Bliss Questions

alchemist4

Hi all,

First timer here. Going on the Bliss on 11/24.

1) Does NCL let you know the themed nights in advance? It seems like they vary, and are usually found on the Dailies, but how do you plan your wardrobe in advance?

2) What are the hours of the buffet? I'm assuming its not 24 hours. I can only seem to find hours for the MDR rooms.

3) NCL says they have "Thanksgiving Cruises", but this particular cruise is not listed. Do you think they'll still offer a Thanksgiving style meal in the MDR and/or Buffet?

4) Does the Observation Room have tables for card or board games? Is there a specific room you could go in the ship for that?

5) I hear going to Great Stirrup Cay is a real toss in the air since its very dependent on weather. Do they just add another day at sea usually?

Thanks 🙂

35 minutes ago, alchemist4 said:

Hi all,

First timer here. Going on the Bliss on 11/24.

1) Does NCL let you know the themed nights in advance? It seems like they vary, and are usually found on the Dailies, but how do you plan your wardrobe in advance?

2) What are the hours of the buffet? I'm assuming its not 24 hours. I can only seem to find hours for the MDR rooms.

3) NCL says they have "Thanksgiving Cruises", but this particular cruise is not listed. Do you think they'll still offer a Thanksgiving style meal in the MDR and/or Buffet?

4) Does the Observation Room have tables for card or board games? Is there a specific room you could go in the ship for that?

5) I hear going to Great Stirrup Cay is a real toss in the air since its very dependent on weather. Do they just add another day at sea usually?

Thanks 🙂

1- not in advance, but you can ask any of the cruise staff. On Bliss, generally its something like: Day 1 Welcome party @ Spice, Day 2, 70s (Spice) Day 3, 80s (Pool deck), Day 4 - 90s/decades (Spice), Day 5 - country (Pool deck) & Day 6 - caliente (pool deck), Day 7 - farewell party (spice) in that general order.

2) no 24 hour buffet, but the observation lounge has some very limited grab and go almost 24/7, as does the solo lounge. They something clear this out from 4-6 AM. The Local also stops serving around 4-6 AM and has grab and go only. (approximate times)

3) They did for Christmas, I can't imagine they wouldn't for Thanksgiving.

4) No game staging areas in the Observation Lounge but there are plenty of tables and booths along the sides of it where you could stake out a spot for your group and play games. I think there is an actual card/game room, maybe near the internet cafe? but I think its really quiet and boring and no one really uses it.

5) Haven't been there but I heard the same thing.

good luck

2 hours ago, marktwothousand said:

I think there is an actual card/game room, maybe near the internet cafe?

There is, it's the Library & Card room, deck 6 just forward of the Atrium on the starboard side.  It's a small hall, out of the way, has that, meeting rooms and the photo studio.

The Observation Lounge has suitable tables close to the bar area, but it’s not quiet and often busy. I’ve seen suggestions to use the tables in the specialty restaurants on deck 8 before they open for dinner. 

FYI, although the Studio Lounge does have light snacks (cookies and lemon loaf/pound cake) 24/7, you need to be a Studio guest to access it as it’s in the keycard-limited Studio area. 

Handy tip: Finding seating in the Garden Cafe can be challenging. Leave the buffet and exit to the open-air seating. Even at prime time, you’ll probably find open tables  there. On the port side, there’s a beverage station by the bar.