Booking two couple together at specialty restaurants

racnwdow

We cannot book our specialty restaurants ahead of time because we have free dining (one night in each restaurant)  from HAL (price drop).  My roommate and I will not be getting on board until later in the day, while the other two will be on by noon.  We want to eat together at the specialty restaurants.  Do we have to wait to book together or can the two book when they get on and let the restaurant know they really need a table for 4?  Never booked specialty restaurants so not positive how it works.  TIA.

As soon as the first 2 board, have them find the person(s) that are taking the specialty dining reservations (ask at the front desk where they are, but often it is nearby).  Explain your situation to them and I am sure they will be able to make arrangements for both cabins (you need both cabin numbers), but the sooner in the day you do this the better.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, doublebzz said:

Can a 4 star mariner pick up the tab for another couple who isn't and save 50% off the entire tab?

The way to do this is for the 4* to make a reservation for 4 and not give any other names. The entire bill will go on your account and the other couple can repay you. If the staff asks for the other couple's name, just let them know that you are paying.

1 hour ago, richwmn said:

The way to do this is for the 4* to make a reservation for 4 and not give any other names. The entire bill will go on your account and the other couple can repay you. If the staff asks for the other couple's name, just let them know that you are paying.

Exactly what I did last time.  If they ask other couple cabin number, just say you do not know but that you are paying.  I got 50 percent off of the entire tab.