Jost...getting wet

ocmd

Getting ready for our 2nd Regent cruise!  We will be on the Mariner on the 22nd.  Our excursion in Jost is to Great White bay, which is a boat ride and then you swim to shore.  Has anyone done this?  Is the water deep?  Can you take your beach bag and keep it dry?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Thank you!

ocmd,

My husband and I will be on that same excursion on that same cruise! I read somewhere that Regent will provide us with dry bags... they really do take care of everything. Looking forward to having my first real painkiller at the Soggy Dollar!

~Heather and William

Perfect...thank you!

Heather & William, we are Joe & Fiona.  Sooo looking forward to this cruise.  It’s just starting to get cold here!

waist deep is perfect...Joe is 6’4”...he’ll have no problem!

8 hours ago, JMARINER said:

My recollection is that the water is about waist deep. We just got in the water and then had someone on the boat hand us our bag and we waded ashore.

J

This was also our experience.  They call one of the bars Soggy Dollar for reason.

we loved the experience and we would do it again.

19 hours ago, ocmd said:

Perfect...thank you!

Heather & William, we are Joe & Fiona.  Sooo looking forward to this cruise.  It’s just starting to get cold here!

waist deep is perfect...Joe is 6’4”...he’ll have no problem!

Perfect. If I'm wrong about the dry bag, at least I know about Joe. He's got a good 4 inches on William! 😉

Yes, we're in Vermont and it's getting pretty chilly up here too! 

We are joining you for this excursion and I looked at the description from Regent.  It says: Dry bags will be available to transport your belongings ashore (guests may have to share a bag). Bring only what you can easily be carried as the boat cannot be responsible for personal belongings left onboard.

So if you leave your money in your pocket indeed you will be paying your bar bill with soggy dollars!  See you all in a couple of weeks.  Just heard that my FAVORITE Social Hostess is joining this cruise, the lovely Nicola Richards!  We will have Paul Reynolds as CD as well, top talent!

• Like 1

We met Paul in April on the voyager in the Med...great guy!  Actually had dinner with him!

I didn’t see that part about the dry bags....thank you!  
Starting  to get organized....and excited!