Drop & Go w/EZ Air

crawford

I received a Drop & Go email, stating that up to $200 off EZ Air flights was being offered. When I clicked through to do a booking, the flights didn't appear discounted, similar to other EZ Air sales. My question is whether or not the EZ Air discounts are obvious when pricing out flights or that you must take Princess at their word that the flights are discounted?

The times I’ve checked EZair airfares with a discounted offer the regular price was shown & in red the discounted amount resulting in the sale price (don’t recall that color).  So whenever I’ve checked a discounted EZair sale price it was obvious.

HOWEVER, 

just ran into this situation and called Princess to get the nitty gritty.  If you have already booked and then a new sale comes up that includes an airfare sale too, you cannot just rebook the airfare portion with the new sale price.  SO, if your booking is a cabin category that is sold out, to get the sale price on the airfare, you would have to completely rebook with a different cabin selection.  So you will have to do the math.  In my case with all the freebies, the airfare reduction doesn't even cover them.  

Found this out by initially cancelling my current airfare booking in my personalizer and then rebooking for the new fare.  But when my flights showed up the sale price was not there.  Thank goodness I was able to rebook the flights I wanted and even saved a few dollars as the regular price had gone down some.  

So if you have already booked and your itinerary comes up with an air sale, just pretend to book new and see if overall it saves you money or not.

Pooh

5 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

The times I’ve checked EZair airfares with a discounted offer the regular price was shown & in red the discounted amount resulting in the sale price (don’t recall that color).  So whenever I’ve checked a discounted EZair sale price it was obvious.

That has also been my experience. Drop and go with advertised lower EZ Air pricing doesn't show anything.

We booked under a promo that offered "up to" a set amount off of airfare. We booked Sacramento to Fairbanks and it came up showing that we owed the taxes and nothing else. It was pretty nice.

• Thanks 1