Remember remember the 5th of November

cook68

On 10/12/2019 at 1:21 AM, Lilydes said:

Guy Fawkes...….The only person to enter parliament with good intentions.

I know this is a joke, but I have been worrying about it for some days. Recently, we have had one MP murdered near her constituency office, and many others subjected to daily death threats. We may dislike or disagree with them, but they are elected, and making light of plans to murder them seems rather harsh. 

And it seems harsh that Guido Fawkes who was merely the unfortunate one to carry out an aristocratic plot should be the only one remembered.

Sorry to be so bleak

2 hours ago, exlondoner said:

I know this is a joke, but I have been worrying about it for some days. Recently, we have had one MP murdered near her constituency office, and many others subjected to daily death threats. We may dislike or disagree with them, but they are elected, and making light of plans to murder them seems rather harsh. 

And it seems harsh that Guido Fawkes who was merely the unfortunate one to carry out an aristocratic plot should be the only one remembered.

Sorry to be so bleak

May I recommend the Bonfire toffee, its quiet sticky though and might get stuck in your teeth. There is a link to the recipe in a recent post. 😄

21 hours ago, cook68 said:

May I recommend the Bonfire toffee, its quiet sticky though and might get stuck in your teeth. There is a link to the recipe in a recent post. 😄

I'm not sure I understand the relevance of this, but would say I think quietness a good thing in toffee. I hate it when you can hear your neighbour chewing the stuff.

If only I did have teeth...

• Haha 2