Tell me about the Crown Grill

fluffybunny22

1 minute ago, keithm said:

Good 'ol Jimmy! Forever looking like he was weaned on a pickle!

@keithmMy original avatar, Mickey Katz played clarinet and "glugged" for Spike Jones (your avatar) in '46.

You should join our Spike Jones Appreciation Society on Facebook. Several of Spike's kids are members.

7 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

@keithmMy original avatar, Mickey Katz played clarinet and "glugged" for Spike Jones (your avatar) in '46.

You should join our Spike Jones Appreciation Society on Facebook. Several of Spike's kids are members.

Mickey was an enormous talent for the slickers, but no one could do a glug like Carl Grayson. Unfortunately few could drink like him as well & when Spike tempered the drinking, Carl was one of the first to go.

• 2 weeks later...

in 2014 my girlfriend and I were on the alaskan cruise on the grand.   Since she had no cruised previously I wanted her to experience the crown grill as my husband and I always enjoy it.

From start to finish a horrible experience

a.   took 20 mins. for anyone to approach our table

b.  we brought in our own bottle of wine and were willing to pay corkage, they didn't appreciate that

c.  scallop appetizers were ice cold

d.  we told them we would split the bisque soup as we didn't want to get too full, so they only gave us 1 bowl

e.  Both of us ordered the filet mignon.  Inedible, we believe to this day the chef forgot he salted it already and did it some more

f.  My friend wanted to purchase another bottle of wine but didn't like what was offered, so we said thank you but we didn't want more wine.  The matre d chastised the wine person right at our table - we were extremely uncomfortable.

g. Neither of us cared to have dessert and once again the matre d chastised our waiter right at our table.  We couldn't wait to get out of there.

I went to front desk to report everything and they had the head matre d contact me the next day.  He apologized and "promised" that all our future experiences in the crown grill would be wonderful.  This upset me even more.  Nothing like false promises.

At my age to remember these details so explicitly - it was dramatic to say the least.  

I recently ate at the CG on the Royal for the first time. I usually don't see the point of paying extra for food on board when there is so much but we had a lot of OBC.  It was wonderful and I will gladly spend the money to eat there again. No complaints from our group.

My only bit of advice would be to inquire about the special salts that they bring around before you take your second bite. I am crazy for smoked sea salt and it really complimented my filet.

I truly hope you have a wonderful experience.