Eurodam K1116 Cabin Question

CabinBoy2020

You just got lucky. You have one of the largest insides anywhere. Very comfortable size cabin, with a couch. 
It is too far aft for my taste, but otherwise is fine. It's under the dining room, so quiet. No entertainment areas above that could interfere with sleeping, as is the case with some of the identical cabins in the mid-ship to forward elevator area (where I stay on all the Vista and Signature ships). 

Enjoy! 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, RuthC said:

You just got lucky. You have one of the largest insides anywhere. Very comfortable size cabin, with a couch. 
It is too far aft for my taste, but otherwise is fine. It's under the dining room, so quiet. No entertainment areas above that could interfere with sleeping, as is the case with some of the identical cabins in the mid-ship to forward elevator area (where I stay on all the Vista and Signature ships). 

Enjoy! 

Thank you Ruth!  I was hoping you would answer.  I've read and enjoyed many of your posts.  That is great news about cabin 1116.  This is my first time on this class HAL ship, so I'm looking forward to the adventure.  Best wishes!

We recently spent 35 days in K1116 on the Zuiderdam. We did find there was some noise from above.  Usually around 10-11 pm and around 6 am.  It isn't loud, but it is there.  However, we gladly put up with he noise, to have this LARGE cabin. It is square, with about 5 feet between the end of the bed, and the closets.  Lots of room to move around in. We find it convenient to go to dinner in the dining room, and quick trips to the Lido for coffee, etc. Close to Guest Services.  It is a  long walk to the Crows Nest. There are many pictures of 1116 on several ships, Zuiderdam, Eurodam, etc  on the site with facts about HAL.

I had K1116 on Westerdam and did not hear any noise from above.  I liked it so much that two years later I had it for 24 days on Nieuw Amsterdam.  Great cabin.  They would have to upgrade me to a suite to get me out of those big insides.  EM

K1116 on Nieuw Amsterdam

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Edited by Essiesmom

1 hour ago, CabinForOne said:

Thanks for the info and insights Tbay and Essiesmom.  And for the photos - Spacious!  It also looks like it's a quick two flights of stairs (or elevator) to the wraparound promenade deck.  

And the MDR...EM