Handicapped S2 questions

hvsteve1

We are on Millenium next year in a Sky Suite.  My wife has a lot of trouble with a tub so is considering changing to a handicapped S2 for the shower.  The last time we had a handicapped cabin was on HAL and water from the shower went all over the bathroom. Is it like this on Celebrity. Also, what other changes would be in the suite?  She's concerned about funky closets and bathroom fixtures.  She's not in a wheelchair, just can't climb into a tub.

This is what I do with the roll-in shower.  I ask our room steward to provide 2 beach towels daily.  You or your room steward, if you ask him/her, rolls up the 2 towels - they look like pool noodles - and place them on the floor in a semi-circle around the outside of the shower from wall to wall.  This serves as a water dam.  The towels will get wet, but the rest of the bathroom floor will be dry. Your room steward will remove and replace the wet towels.   On the S class ships, the bathroom fixtures are very similar to a non-HC cabin, except for no cabinet under the sink and grab bars in the shower and on the wall next to the toilet.  The closets have tall hanging, and a bar that comes down for low hanging, but we never use the lower bar.  I have not sailed on the Millennium in many years, and back then did not need an HC room.  But you might search on YouTube for a Millennium accessible cabin video.  Just make sure it's fairly current.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, hvsteve1 said:

We are on Millenium next year in a Sky Suite.  My wife has a lot of trouble with a tub so is considering changing to a handicapped S2 for the shower.  The last time we had a handicapped cabin was on HAL and water from the shower went all over the bathroom. Is it like this on Celebrity. Also, what other changes would be in the suite?  She's concerned about funky closets and bathroom fixtures.  She's not in a wheelchair, just can't climb into a tub.

If you prefer to stay in a standard cabin RS does have separate shower and tub. I managed the small step into the shower when on crutches. Whatever you do do not consider the CS...I honestly think that cabin should have a warning about the tub height...

• Like 1