Itinerary Local , Cuisine

koalapanda

8 hours ago, Joc123 said:

Currently on Ovation with Chef Jes and the food especially the fish is wonderful.

I would love to see TK  turned into a high end Asian Restaurant - I know it’s not going to happen but food trends change and there is a reason food from the 50’s/60’s is no longer popular with most people. I think people enjoy the light, fresh Asian cuisine these days but  you can’t please everyone.

No, you can't please everyone because food likes/dislikes are VERY subjective.  For example, we usually do not care for Asian food and would never actively choose it.  I do agree with you that heavy 1950s/60s food is not what most of us want to eat these days. (That being said, the food in the TK Grill is ok, just not all that healthy.)  I do think SB has gone in the right direction with Earth and Ocean.  Unfortunately, that venue is held hostage to the evening weather.  

About shopping with the chef---we have never done it--but have seen an announcement that it was going to be available.  I get the idea that the chef decides shortly before the announcement--so if you have already set plans for a particular port, you might not want to cancel your plans to shop with the chef (since that would probably include forfeiting $$ for an excursion or guide, etc.)  Also, the number of spots available for the shopping excursion is very small.  You would have to be one of the first to see the announcement and make the request.  Even so, I think it might be possible that others may have already put their names on the list.  Bottom line--don't count on shopping with the chef.  

Edited by SLSD
  • Thanks 1