Decisions, decisions; which cruise line?

walkerstoo

We're taking an Alaska cruise, 11 days or so. Three to for 50-60's age couples traveling together. Which would be the preferred line? So far our choices lean towards Princess and HAL. We are more casual than formal, prefer outdoors to indoors activities. Have great grandkids, but this trip is for the adults in the family.

Thanks for anyone taking the time to reply:confused:

We're taking an Alaska cruise, 11 days or so. Three to for 50-60's age couples traveling together. Which would be the preferred line? So far our choices lean towards Princess and HAL. We are more casual than formal, prefer outdoors to indoors activities. Have great grandkids, but this trip is for the adults in the family.

Thanks for anyone taking the time to reply:confused:

Based on the "more casual than formal" comment, I would suggest Princess.

Princess offers Personal Choice dining and a less traditional atmosphere than HAL.

• 2 weeks later...

We have cruised Alaska on both Holland America and Princess. The only cruise tour we have done is on Princess on the Coral last year. Had a great time on both, but I would definitely say that Princess is more informal and had more outdoor activities. Please feel free to email me at kacruiser@ev1.net if you have any questions about our experiences.

hello,

After 14 cruises and two paid for 2006, I believe that all of the major cruise lines provide a nice cruise experience. I suggest though that you also Celebrity because this cruise line has very nice ships, good food, and some excellent itineraries to Alaska. I am not saying that Celebrity is the best choice but rather, thay you consider what this cruise line offers in terms of Alaskan cruises.

Also, consider ( this option may not work for you) renting a car in Juneau and Skagway. This will probably save you money and give you more flexibility, and allow you to see more of Alaska. And for an outdoor experience hike the East Glacier Loop when you visit the Mendenhall Glacier.

Do not agonize over your choice, because you and the others will have a great time.

Fred

Fred

Archived