Viking Lif Cruise Review by EarlandJane?????

What was that?

EarlandJane,

I am very intrigued by your review of your July 2019 cruise on the Viking LIF. The configuration of the AA cabins on some ships differs from what is shown on the Viking website. I wonder if you have any photos from that cruise of your Veranda Suite which shows the bedroom storage (closet & drawers). While it is still early days - we sail on the LIF in April 2020 - I would like to know what the storage situation is so that I am prepared when we embark.

If anyone else has such photos, please jump right in.

Thanks to all you helpful cruisers out there.

I understand where you are coming from with all these questions, but want to gently suggest that you are over-thinking it.  Even if you get the exact info you are seeking, low water may leave ships out of position and you could end up on a different ship [which may have a slightly different layout].  This is another part of river cruising – like port times and docking locations – that can't be nailed down in advance.  Best to be ready to 'go with the flow.'

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I understand where you are coming from with all these questions, but want to gently suggest that you are over-thinking it.  

Best to be ready to 'go with the flow.'

OF COURSE I am over-thinking it. It's what I do!

In truth, DW and I will manage with no problem, but my initial curiosity has been replaced by the desire to learn which ships have Veranda Suites configured as in the Viking 360-degree video, and which are like the videos I found. The cusp of the change appears to be in the 2014-2015 time-frame.

"Inquiring minds want to know."

Your advice to go with the flow is good, and much-appreciated. That is what we do.

Thanks!

• Like 1