Cheers question

granmarl

I don't believe so, if you look at the Cheers rules it says drinks in "souvenir glass" are not included, so the Carnival branded shot glass it comes in may trigger a bar charge.

Best bet is to ask the server what is in the shot, and then ask your waiter to bring you that shot from the bar in a regular shot glass which will be included on your package. 

9 minutes ago, boomhower said:

Take the shot and give the glass back and it is covered under Cheers, done it plenty of times.  Only charged if you keep the glass. 

So when you're finished with the shot glass and give it back to them, they credit back to you the cost of the shot glass(I'm guessing on your S&S account)? I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around that. That's double the paperwork, isn't it?  Not very efficient, IMO. 

1 minute ago, Joe817 said:

So when you're finished with the shot glass and give it back to them, they credit back to you the cost of the shot glass(I'm guessing on your S&S account)? I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around that. That's double the paperwork, isn't it?  Not very efficient, IMO. 

Take shot, hand shot glass back and they charge your account for the drink.  It's all at the same time.  They don't hand out drinks and then collect the glasses.  Either take the shot and give it back or keep the glass, they won't make a second round to collect them. 

5 minutes ago, boomhower said:

Take shot, hand shot glass back and they charge your account for the drink.  It's all at the same time.  They don't hand out drinks and then collect the glasses.  Either take the shot and give it back or keep the glass, they won't make a second round to collect them. 

They don't charge your account when you take possession of the shot(and drink inside it)?? Or do you take the shot glass(with drink inside it) and toss it back immediately? Then hand the empty shot glass back to them. Is that correct? Sorry, I'm not a quick drinker like that, and don't know how it's handled. 

3 hours ago, RHilla619 said:

I don't believe so, if you look at the Cheers rules it says drinks in "souvenir glass" are not included, so the Carnival branded shot glass it comes in may trigger a bar charge.

Best bet is to ask the server what is in the shot, and then ask your waiter to bring you that shot from the bar in a regular shot glass which will be included on your package. 

We always get Cheers and have bought countless shots in the MDR over the last several years without it ever being an issue. They count it as one drink under Cheers and only charge you for the shot glass. We have always bought the shot glass and have never considered handing the shot glass back to the server. 

I don’t know how often you cruise on Carnival, but they are not big on following their own rules. The only rule I see them consistently enforcing is making everyone 21 and over in a cabin purchase Cheers. 

2 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

We always get Cheers and have bought countless shots in the MDR over the last several years without it ever being an issue. They count it as one drink under Cheers and only charge you for the shot glass. We have always bought the shot glass and have never considered handing the shot glass back to the server. 

I don’t know how often you cruise on Carnival, but they are not big on following their own rules. The only rule I see them consistently enforcing is making everyone 21 and over in a cabin purchase Cheers. 

Correct. They DO NOT add the shot to your Cheers only if you give the shot glass back. Once you take it, you are billed for the shot and glass. I don't know what others on here are drinking (joke) but you CANNOT hand back the shot glass and expect not to be charged for it, you just forfeit the glass. Their billing service does NOT work this way. If you take the shot, expect it to go against your billing account regardless what you do with the shot glass, don't be fooled. Some people posting may have not noticed a shot or two... or three on their account, but it's there.

4 hours ago, MasterMason said:

Correct. They DO NOT add the shot to your Cheers only if you give the shot glass back. Once you take it, you are billed for the shot and glass. I don't know what others on here are drinking (joke) but you CANNOT hand back the shot glass and expect not to be charged for it, you just forfeit the glass. Their billing service does NOT work this way. If you take the shot, expect it to go against your billing account regardless what you do with the shot glass, don't be fooled. Some people posting may have not noticed a shot or two... or three on their account, but it's there.

it may be ship dependent then. I’ve done this many many times on the Elation and Miracle.  Waiter comes around with the tray, toss back the shot, hand the glass back and it’s charged to Cheers. Never been charged for the shot. 

5 hours ago, boomhower said:

it may be ship dependent then. I’ve done this many many times on the Elation and Miracle.  Waiter comes around with the tray, toss back the shot, hand the glass back and it’s charged to Cheers. Never been charged for the shot. 

You're probably correct there are a lot of policies that seem to be different depending on what ship you're on.  For instance when I hit 14 drinks on the Glory I was able to purchase drinks and not have them count towards the 15 others on different ships have had a different experience.