Carnival Credit Card

cellfree

2 hours ago, Lee Cruiser said:

This is why there are much better cards available out there.  I have the Carnival card and have used it for the $1,500 credit twice.  Then I went back and did some research on my spending.  Even with the "bonus"  points for certain transactions, I was not earning near as much as if I would have used my Citi card that gives 2% cash back on EVERY purchase.  Those $1,500 on my Carnival card would have been worth over $1,800 the first time and right at the $1,900 mark the second time with my Citi card.  That is another $700.  This is figuring in the "bonus" points I got on my Carnival card for cruise purchases and monthly bonus areas.  Plus, it is so much easier to keep up with the Citi card rebates because you get the 2% on everything.  In addition, with the Citi card you get cash back that can be used for anything and you don't have to wait until you have 100,000 points to cash it in to get the best rate.  You can still wait and use it to pay for your cruise.  I currently have $1,000 in rebates available that will go towards my next cruise.  Some will tell you the bonus points and double Carnival purchase points make up the difference from the max 1.5% you get on everything else.  But that certainly was not the case for me.

The best thing about the Carnival card that I still use it for is to get the 10% back on excursions.  That is all I use this card for.

I'll never say there is no "better" card out there.  This card works for me.  It's the only card I use.  I have never paid a penny in interest or fees in the 14 years I've had it.  I've taken several free cruises on the FPs I've earned over the years, which is a good enough reward for me.  I don't want to bother with using different credit cards for different purchases to earn different/better rewards.

Just today I did a little online shopping, including my nonperishable groceries.  Free shipping on everything.  And made an extra 2000 FPs.  I got multipliers of 2x, 4x, 5x, and 25x.  And these are RewardsBoost points, which are in addition to the regular 1 point I get for every non-Carnival purchase.  So that's 3 FPs per $, 5 FPs per $, 6FPs per $, and 26 FPs per $ on my purchases today.  The points add up fast.  I'll be getting $3000 off my January cruise.  Easy free cruising money. 

I get that this isn't everyone's favourite card.  For now, it is the only one for me.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, ShakyBeef said:

I'll never say there is no "better" card out there.  This card works for me.  It's the only card I use.  I have never paid a penny in interest or fees in the 14 years I've had it.  I've taken several free cruises on the FPs I've earned over the years, which is a good enough reward for me.  I don't want to bother with using different credit cards for different purchases to earn different/better rewards.

Just today I did a little online shopping, including my nonperishable groceries.  Free shipping on everything.  And made an extra 2000 FPs.  I got multipliers of 2x, 4x, 5x, and 25x.  And these are RewardsBoost points, which are in addition to the regular 1 point I get for every non-Carnival purchase.  So that's 3 FPs per $, 5 FPs per $, 6FPs per $, and 26 FPs per $ on my purchases today.  The points add up fast.  I'll be getting $3000 off my January cruise.  Easy free cruising money. 

I get that this isn't everyone's favourite card.  For now, it is the only one for me.

We just got approved for this card with 0% interest first 6 months.  Works for me.

The carnival credit card is a weak card. If you buy a ton of carnival excursions, it can have good use there for 10% off. Otherwise, you are only getting 1% back on most purchases, and 2% on carnival. There are cards that do 2% on everything. If you travel a lot, I'd invest in a good travel card with an annual fee. There you can earn 3-5%+ on your purchases, and really bank it up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Joebucks said:

The carnival credit card is a weak card. If you buy a ton of carnival excursions, it can have good use there for 10% off. Otherwise, you are only getting 1% back on most purchases, and 2% on carnival. There are cards that do 2% on everything. If you travel a lot, I'd invest in a good travel card with an annual fee. There you can earn 3-5%+ on your purchases, and really bank it up.

We do most on a Chase Sapphire, great travel card.