Princess Sky with 3 kids?

EuroFamily

I can’t decide between Princess Sky or Norwegian Escape for a family vacation on a Baltic cruise. kids are 5-10 years old. I read posts about people not wanting kids on their ship, so I’m just not sure which ship we would fit in best? Husband & I just cruised Princess Royal and loved it but we didn’t have our kids. On paper NCL seems to have more kid offerings like ropes course and water slide (though not sure how warm it will be in the Baltic). My concern with Norwegian is that I’ve never cruised them before, I feel like they nickel and dime you with their “freestyle” option... yes Princess seems to attract an older crowd but they do have kid offerings.

I would love to hear your advice. The port itinerary is the same on both ships, Princess has more days at sea though and the ship will be new.

We have not cruised NCL, but cruise Princess often. Our 2 kids have been cruising with us since they were 5 (in the beginning we did not take the youngest with us). We love Princess, our kids do too. They enjoy the kid activities and stay busy.  We do tend to cruise when the kids are off, December holidays, spring break so there are often many kids.   I have no idea what the weather will be during your cruise but if you are going in the summer, you will find families on board as well. I would hop on the NCL area and see what people say about cruising with them. Good luck and I'm sure you will enjoy whichever cruise you choose. 

I know 5 families with kids going on the Sky Princess in January so they obviously felt there would be enough for their kids to do but I'm with you about NCL. 
My niece's kids are in your kids' age ranges and they LOVE the Escape (and the sister ships) mostly due to all the activities.  Yes, you will get nickle-and-dimed with NCL but if you buy the cruise with the 5 free offers (which really aren't free at all), then that will help.  Just remember that the Baltic itinerary is very port-intensive and most likely you won't spend as much time onboard.  Try to schedule activities in advance or do them while the ship is in port for smaller lines.

The Baltic is all about the ports.

Kids will find things to do on both ships. When people complain about kids - it is mostly unruly kids who run around the ship with out parental supervision (I think of tweens here who think they are too old for kids club and parents who think they are fine on their own). As long as your kids know how to act in public places and will be in kids clubs having fun, you will be fine. I wouldn't worry about this issue - just pick the ship that works best for you.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EuroFamily said:

I can’t decide between Princess Sky or Norwegian Escape for a family vacation on a Baltic cruise. kids are 5-10 years old. I read posts about people not wanting kids on their ship, so I’m just not sure which ship we would fit in best? Husband & I just cruised Princess Royal and loved it but we didn’t have our kids. On paper NCL seems to have more kid offerings like ropes course and water slide (though not sure how warm it will be in the Baltic). My concern with Norwegian is that I’ve never cruised them before, I feel like they nickel and dime you with their “freestyle” option... yes Princess seems to attract an older crowd but they do have kid offerings.

I would love to hear your advice. The port itinerary is the same on both ships, Princess has more days at sea though and the ship will be new.

With young kids NCL is much better.