Silver Moon experience

shdo

Does anyone know if there is an age limit? Would a 2 year old be welcome?

On my documents it only mentions "children 12 and under." I bet you will be fine. Just put the little darling in a life jacket and away you go!

We are thinking about booking this tour in March based on everyone's recommendations. Could someone tell me what time you were picked up and dropped off at the pier? Would we have some time after to do some shopping and sightseeing? Thanks Sue

The confirmation for our reservation states:

Time of Cruise: 9.30am-2.30pm Lunch Cruise

Alb 38- Andrea,

Hi Andrea,

Cathy and myself are doing the Silvermoon tour in December and are looking forward to it. We are on the Crown princess doing the same Itinerary in reverse order as last year. Also we are gonna do the Extreme tour with Eli in Antigua. Had lots of fun with you and your mother last year. Hope all is well in Mt. Joy.

Carl

• 4 weeks later...

I'm sailing on the Destiny on 10/29. We'll be in Barbados on 11/01 and I just found this thread. I've already sent them an email to see if they have any room for us (party of 5). I hope so as I'd really like to do this excursion. If not, I saw something about a Shasta tour that is run by a person that used to work on the Silvermoon. Anybody know their website address?

I just read your message about the Silvermoon. I just wanted to pass this info. on to you. DH and I were in Barbados last year. I had read about Silvermoon on the boards and tried to get on it. They were already booked however and I was really disappointed. I was also too late to book the excursion through the ship. So....the first thing I did when we were allowed into our cabin was to book the trip through the TV "thing". I loved the excursion and was so glad we did it. I did see the Silvermoon which was anchored alongside us when swimming with the sea turtles. There were several boats there at one time and honestly I was just glad I was there! The crew on our boat were great, the food was great too. Don't be disappointed you didn't get on the boat you want - just get there! You will have a great time!!

Hi all - DH and I will be in Barbadoes in Feb. How soon would you suggest getting a reservation? What type of deposit do you have to leave and is it refundable? Thanks for the information!

We made our reservation for next April in June! I wanted to be sure we got on the boat. I suggest that you make it tomorrow; you never know when they may book up. They attached a cruise confirmation form to an e-mail, and then we filled it out (including our credit card number) for the deposit, and then faxed it to them. (We did this last time, too.)

If I remember correctly, if you ship doesn't dock, you don't pay. Our friends had to cancel their cruise 10 days before the cruise, and the Silver Moon returned their deposit. I think they are an honorable operator. If you e-mail them, I am sure you will get a difinitive answer to this question.

We're cruising in March, and I made my Silver Moon reservations as soon as I had our cabin confirmed. The Silver Moon I only takes 12 people, so I knew it would fill up fast. They told me the deposit is fully refundable if we don't dock for some reason or if you cancel in advance. I definitely second what Sheffie said. I would get those reservations made tomorrow.

Hi all - DH and I will be in Barbadoes in Feb. How soon would you suggest getting a reservation? What type of deposit do you have to leave and is it refundable? Thanks for the information!

Don't wait. We booked a year in advance and after we booked the price went up and they honored the lower price.

After reading all the good reports on this trip, I have emailed them for availability April 2007. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there will be space for my DH & myself. I think I would be happy with either catamaran.

Can you tell me if you have to take a taxi to reach them or do they arrange for pickup at the dock? And if you have to take a taxi, how much is the usual fare? We did a day sail in St. Thomas this last April and it cost us $40 for the taxi to get to the harbor.

Also, what type of lunch was included? It sounds like a great trip.:D

They will meet you just outside the building at the pier. The pier is really long and you will be required to take a shuttle from the ship to this building where there are lots of shops. You walk through this building and there will be a shaded area where they will pick you up for the bus ride to the boat.

We had chicken, flying fish, macaroni pie, rice and beans, a salad, and garlic bread for lunch.

Could someone please give me the correct email address - I tried the ones listed already and they don't work - gave me a dive shop in Bonair or a dating service (which I definitely don't need!). Thanks.

Could someone please give me the correct email address - I tried the ones listed already and they don't work - gave me a dive shop in Bonair or a dating service (which I definitely don't need!). Thanks.

This is the email address oceanadventure@sunbeach.net taken directly from the confirmation I have from them for our trip in December.

IMHO, do not be disappointed if you are unable to get space on the SM I. Not only will you save a little bit of money, but SM II is just as nice and a larger boat so although she takes 18 on the excursion instead of 12, the amount of space onboard is proportionate. The SM II will hold up to 40 people for private charters so that should give everyone some idea of the size of the SM II.

Also, what type of lunch was included? It sounds like a great trip.:D

Our lunch on the day we were aboard the SM II consisted of fried chicken, macaroni and cheese, fish, garlic bread and Caesar salad. For dessert there was rum cake as well as coffee and tea. All the while, we were offered unlimited soda, beer, wine, pina coladas [the BEST], rum punch or strawberry daiquiris.

Our family of 10 sails on SM II for a second time in December and we cannot wait. :D

We're on Silver Moon I for April13, 2007. I emailed them and had a response by the following morning. They emailed a confirmation sheet that I filled in and faxed back to them. I received email notification today that my fax was received and we are booked.

In the first email I rec'd, it said Silver Moon II's maximum # was 24, but the website said 18. So it appears they may have increased the number of passengers on Moon II.

They required $100 deposit to be charged to our credit card now and the balance the day of the trip. I was told that transportation, lunch & drinks were included. The lunch menu doesn't sound that great, but I think it will be a great trip anyway. And I can always fill up on PinaColadas & Rum Punch!!! Thanks for everyones helpful information.:D

Endoellen,

I think you'll find the lunch on Silvermoon very good, at least we did. We did this excursion in 2006 and we're doing it again in 2007, so the food certainly didn't scare us away. In 2006 they also served warm banana bread and warm cookies during the day. We'll be onboard again on 1/27/07 and we're looking forward to it.

Denny

Yeah, I have to agree with Denny. Flying Fish, macaroni and chicken may not sound appealing, but I think they try to offer a variety for everyone. I won't eat flying fish, but my dh and df do. My mom eats macaroni, could take or leave chicken and would starve to death before eating flying fish. :rolleyes: Our kids of course ate the macaroni. Either way the food was delcious. So were the pina coladas afterwards :D

Do they serve an open bar the whole trip? Or just the last leg of the trip?

If my memory serves me correctly you will be offered refreshment as soon as you set sail and your glass will be replenished as often as you like.

yes, this is true...as soon as we set foot on the catamaran, we were offered anything from orange juice to cokes to beer....

they will ask you very frequently if you would like something else to drink...the pina coladas and strawberry daiquiris were offered after we had lunch and were headed back...(i had them make me a miami vice-half pina colada, half strawberry daiquiri) YUMMY!! they also served banana bread (still warm) with the drinks! :)

Marsha

I also booked the Silver Moon for Feb. There was no problem getting a reservation and the process was easy. I'm excited as it sounds like a wonderful day - we are on the Silver Moon 1 so won't have as many people and that's the way we like it!!! Thanks to all those who helped me decide.

Just wanted to add our recommendation of the Silver Moon I Snorkel & Sail trip, it was wonderful. Ben and Adrian gave us a superb experience. We were the only two from the Veendam, the 9 others were vacationing on the island. I had made the reservation before leaving home based on comments made on cruise critic and the trip more than lived up to expectations. The Silver Moon I is truly a luxury craft, and with the small numbers on board it was like having our own boat, and inviting a few friends to join us, all the while being expertly cared for by a very competent and friendly crew. The meal was delicious.

Heather & George, Vancouver

Archived