MedallionNet use for Platinum Captain Circle

linuxperson

9 hours ago, cruise4kicks said:

On my recent 10-day the free minutes could be swapped on day 1 for one device unlimited, $63.79 total for the 10 days. 

8 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

Here's a break-down of pricing that I took a screen shot of from another thread.

The 1st day loyalty discount isn't very much when you compare it to the pre-cruise pricing that's offered to everyone.329142105_ScreenShot2019-10-21at2_56_50PM.png.bf7a8f8f6694daddae67d42c1e049a10.png

Making the value of your 250 minutes on a 10-day cruise being $6.25 as that is the discount you are given for giving up your minutes.

This values your minutes as 2.5 cents/minute. Seems to me that princess charged more than that when passengers paid for minutes.

Question for those with recent experience signing up for the P&E Unlimited package onboard discount on Embarkation Day on a Medallion ship. Does it entail a visit to the Internet Cafe, or can it be done "online" on your device on initial login? If I have to go to the Internet Cafe, what are their hours on Embarkation Day? Thanks...

51 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

It's all done on your device. No need to visit the internet cafe.

Super, thanks for the confirmation. I wasn't sure what the Internet Cafe's hours were, looks like we don't need to bother with them. I'm actually going to try it BEFORE boarding, but after check-in. It will give me something to do while sitting in the PES lounge waiting to board ;o)

9 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

I believe you'll have to be connected to the ship's wifi, so you may have to wait until you board, but I could be wrong.

You're absolutely correct that I have to be on the ship's Wifi.  I am probably incorrect in thinking that in the lounge in Terminal 2 in Port Everglades I could connect to the MedallioNet system on the ship, but I'll give it a whirl anyway. I have lots of time to kill as we like to get to the port very early.