Who ever got upgraded on Costa?

envy4u

Depends on your idea of an upgrade!! 

A few years ago, before they changed the categories to include "basic" options, we used to book a standard inside.  We regularly got upgraded to  premium ocean views.  Since the introduction of "basic", we have booked this grade (guaranteed basic inside) twice and were not upgraded.

We booked a guarantee exterior and were upgraded to a cabin with balcony, wine in the cabin and use of the Samsara spa. We were truly shocked. For our next Costa cruise we've booked a guarantee balcony and have been allocated a premium cabin. The downside for us is it shows as an adjoining cabin on the ship plan.

Upgrades now are very rare due to the stupid new club rules.

We were willing to pay full price for a Suite yet most are given to club members who cruise twice this year but only once last. Crazy rules. Due to illness in 2017 I only cruise once but my wife took a friend on two others we had booked, 2018 I booked an inside basic upgraded to a suite, Intenditore package 500.50 euros, baggage sent out 280, OBC 75 and saved 1300 on the cruise price. I even pointed out my wife had cruise three times each year was I entitled to the upgrade & told yes.

Absolutely  daft if you ask me, but I just had to bite the bullet & accept.