Atlantis Submarine Barbados

ewespinme

Does anyone have experience with the Atlantis Submarine in Barbados? Looking for thoughts - good, bad and ugly. We are thinking of going with a 4 and 2 year old (our ship has a minimum age of 4, but it looks like we can book directly since she meets their minimum height requirements).  My kids are really into turtles and I was thinking it might be a good way to see them without worrying about them in deeper water or tours that lure them with bread. 

Also the website has a premium option for $50 more to sit up front. Wondering if it is worth it? 

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't been to Barbados yet but I did the Atlantis Sub in Cozumel booked through the ship for about $100. I sat near the front of the Sub. I liked it because I could see the pilot and out his front window. But I wouldn't pay an extra $50 for it. If they board the same way we did in Cozumel the people in the front row of the boat ended up in the front of the sub. I was one of those people. I"m going to be posting photos and videos on my blog this week. I'll try to remember to link it here in case you're interested.

On 10/24/2019 at 11:38 AM, ewespinme said:

Does anyone have experience with the Atlantis Submarine in Barbados? Looking for thoughts - good, bad and ugly. We are thinking of going with a 4 and 2 year old (our ship has a minimum age of 4, but it looks like we can book directly since she meets their minimum height requirements).  My kids are really into turtles and I was thinking it might be a good way to see them without worrying about them in deeper water or tours that lure them with bread. 

Also the website has a premium option for $50 more to sit up front. Wondering if it is worth it? 

This has pictures and videos of my Cozumel version of the Atlantis Submarine.

https://saintgregtravel.com/glory-days-cozumel/

• 4 weeks later...

We did this about 3 years ago...we were staying in Barbados for a week - not on a cruise.  Half of our family did this while the other half did a resort dive.   I am not sure we had an option to buy for a seat up front, but we were right at the windows without it.  My kids were teenagers not little ones, but we all enjoyed it.  It was a great way to see under the water without having to scuba.  However, we did not see any turtles.  We did see fish and coral and I think they went by a shipwreck maybe?  I thought it was worth it for anyone who hasn't seen what it looks like 40 feet down or so....but don't do this if you think you will see any turtles.  I don't think that's likely.