Luggage Forwarding

MsMermaid

We just used them for the first time for our trip to Lisbon and the TA from Lisbon to St Maarten on November 2nd.

So far, so good. FedEx  picked up our one standard bag (up to 50lbs.) on Wednesday, 10/16/19, and we could track it through either Luggage Forward's or Fedex's website.  Fedex was more detailed in their tracking.

It was scheduled to be in Lisbon at the port by 10/23/19, but we were so surprised to see that the bag arrived on 10/21/19 at 10:55 am.  I just wished we could have had a 2 to 4 day later pickup since it got there so fast in only about 5 days. 

We are arriving Lisbon pre-cruise on 10/29th for 4 nights, then board the Odyssey on Nov. 2nd where, hopefully, it will be waiting for us in our stateroom.

We also have them picking up the bag when our cruise ends on the 16th in St. Maarten. It has a scheduled delivery date at our home in California 11/21/19 to 11/25/19. You can pay more for sooner but we didn't.

It is pricey, especially RT, and I'm not sure we would do it again.  We could have had the bag shipped to our hotel in Lisbon while we were there, but we didn't even want to schlepp(?) it to the port with our scheduled transfer.

Kathy

• Like 1

Used Luggage forward several times now and all has been perfect. The little things that you don't think of make it worthwhile, such as getting to the airport and finding check in does not open for another hour, no problem, we had checked in online and didn't need to drop our bags off so walked straight through security, while all the other Seabourn passengers jockeyed for position for when check in opened. I don't know if Seabourn give it priority but our bag has always been in the suite when we board, even last time when suites were ready as we boarded at 12.15. whereas when we have taken our luggage ourselves it can be a couple of hours before the luggage gets to the suite.

• Like 2

We've used it:  Once from home to the ship, and everything went well.  We had to plan and pack carefully so that we did not forward anything that we needed in the interim.  And the second time was from the ship back to home.  Seabourn provides a list of things you cannot ship because of customs/duty charges, and things that might be taken out of your shipped bag.  So again some careful planning.

• Like 1

Inexpensive?  Nope.  But worth it to me as a solo traveler?  Absolutely.  I've used the service twice for Seabourn cruises and twice for theater jaunts to NYC, and everything has been handled as promised.  And tv24 is correct: You have to be thoughtful in your packing, as the bag has typically been collected from my home a week before I travel.  Of course, this pays off in not having the last-minute packing frenzy I've sometimes gone through . . .

• Like 1

We have used this service for our last 5-6 cruises, including trips to various ports in Europe and Australia/New Zealand.  We've never had a problem.  The luggage is always picked up on time and has been delivered to our stateroom prior to departure.  As others have noted, it's not cheap but we find the cost justified by the convenience.

• Like 1