NCL Airfare & Cruise

Hi all-

Looking to take a cruise out of Miami the week of February 15, 2020 which falls during a school vacation week. The flights for that week cost more than the cruise, however I can add them on through NCL for $399 per person, which that price won't be beat. I have talked to NCL directly and they assured me that the flights would be the same price and the price would not increase. We are aware that we may not get to choose our seats ahead of time which is fine as long as we get on the flight and make it to Miami. 

Has anyone done this through NCL? Pros? Cons? 

I am assuming that you mean the price of flights won't change once you have booked?  As far as I know, NCL is good on that and won't add charges once you have agreed to a particular price.

However, they can (and will) continually change pricing, sometimes up, sometimes down - so getting the best deal is somewhat of a crap-shoot.  One cruise I was looking at kept changing the airfare and cabin prices but the net price was the same.

If you are using the Free or discounted airfare promo, then you are correct that you can't specify your flights but, depending on the airline, you can usually choose your seats once your tickets are actually booked (45 days or so before your cruise).  You would need to go the the airline, not NCL.  I've always had reasonable seats assigned and sometimes keep them, but I've also changed them and/or upgraded (for a fee of course, paid directly to the airline).

• Like 1

We’re cruising in a couple weeks and we’re doing the reduced flights. I’m nervous about flying in the same day so I paid $25 each to fly in one day early. I was told that my flights would be assigned at 40 days out. At 39 days out I still hadn’t heard anything so I called them and they said that was weird so they asked me if I wanted to hang on while they book the flights and I said yes. They gave me direct flights to Miami. The flight there is early in the morning and the flight back is at 12:15. I’m pretty satisfied with the flights so far.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, cruisinwithchristie said:

Hi all-

Looking to take a cruise out of Miami the week of February 15, 2020 which falls during a school vacation week. The flights for that week cost more than the cruise, however I can add them on through NCL for $399 per person, which that price won't be beat. I have talked to NCL directly and they assured me that the flights would be the same price and the price would not increase. We are aware that we may not get to choose our seats ahead of time which is fine as long as we get on the flight and make it to Miami. 

Has anyone done this through NCL? Pros? Cons? 

We did the reduced air from AR to MIA just last week. The only snag and we were able to handle it was a couple of close connections Well really just one. Anyway all went well and we saved almost enough to book another cruise. Well not really but it costs us $99 each plus $20 for transfers. The air would have been around $600 plus certainly more than $20 for transfers to the ship. 

• Like 1