Dress codes

lindylooellalouise

Hamrag linked you to the official dress code. However, IMO, dressey causal will be fine every evening unless you want to dress to a higher level on the other nights mentioned on MSC's website. Either way, you will be fine and not stand out (you may if dressed "black tie"). Really seems to be the same as all main stream cruise lines, but with different desriptions of their dress-up nights. I think that they are guadually moving away from having real formal nights, which is driven home by the elimination of the "dress code for the evening" mandate to the code for the "MDR only" during dress-up nights.

I stopped bringing a suit or a sport jacket.  I wear dress slacks and a golf shirt every night.  On formal nights my lover wears a "dressier" dress.  On our last MSC cruise (2016), on the first formal night, one "gentleman" at our table showed up in his "formal' tee shirt, shorts and flip-flops.  So, you don't have to get too formal - country club dress is fine.  BTW - we pack everything into two 26" suitcases and two backpacks.