First time on Royal Caribbean

luisc25

17 minutes ago, cb at sea said:

Beverages INCLUDED in your fare are: Ice water, coffee, tea (iced or hot), lemonade, milk and juice at breakfast.  If you're good with that, and will only be drinking a couple drinks per day, a package of any kind isn't worth the price.

Yes I don’t think I will drink more than 2 drinks each night.

19 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

FYI...there's a wine shop in the cruise terminal right after you check in.  They had a fairly good selection.

Not sure of your itinerary and budget, but we greatly enjoyed a full day private tour using Kultours (Ingrid) when we stopped at Villefranche-sur-Mer.

great will go to the wine shop at terminal.

our itinerary it’s Esatern Mediterranean; leaving from Barcelona, we were going to book the tours from my cruise planners.  

On 10/26/2019 at 11:43 AM, luisc25 said:

Hello; this is my first post on CC after reading a lot here on allure of the seas and first time on Royal Caribbean.

i booked a cruise on May 10,2020 at allure of the seas, this will be my first Cruise with them.

I have a couple question I can get answered from the forum:

1) I booked a balcony cabin#9664 any input on this room; we will be traveling with our toddler she will be 2 years by that time. 
Wife want to leave her in the states with her grandparents; I refuse.

2) We are thinking of buying the UDP since it’s our anniversary, just waiting for Black Friday. Do you guys think it’s worth it? It’s different with the drinking package, we are both 30 but don’t drink a lot maybe a drink or two each day. Don’t think we will break even specially with all the port visit on that cruise. 

3) Any other recommendations as new cruisers on Royal Caribbean? 

Not to be be an alarmist but I think I'd be scared to death to get a balcony cabin with a two year old. Constant worry about her 24/7 possibly going over the railing. Toddlers can be very rambunctious. They are very curious and can go out doors and windows at any moment. And, I would never leave her in the cabin alone regardless of what type of cabin it was. Just a while back there was an 18 month old girl who fell from one of the ship's public space windows into the sea with her grandfather holding on to her no less. Not saying that anything is going to happen. But why tempt fate?  I would actually listen to your wife as she seems to get the picture clearly.