San Juan, FTTF, and boarding times.

kbh2

I have searched but cannot seem to find much information on San Juan boarding. I have read a few reviews saying that FTTF may not be necessary in San Juan and would love some feedback on this. Also when is the earliest time anyone has boarded with FTTF, I know in New Orleans we have gotten there around 10:15 and were on the ship by 11 ish.

Our boarding time last month was 12:30.  We were running a little late exploring Old San Juan but probably got there around 1:30pm.  Took maybe 30 minutes from luggage drop off to in our room.

If you have not been to Puerto Rico before, I highly recommend you explore OSJ before

boarding or at least drop off your luggage and head back out.  Not nearly as much to do or

eat on the Fascination as you’d get nearby.

In my experience, FTTF is not needed in San Juan. My first time is San Juan, I arrived at the port around 10:30 and there was barely anyone there. San Juan is a great place to walk around. There are wonderful shops and dining, plus lots of places to take beautiful pictures and explore. I think because the departure time is later, most guests take advantage of this and don't board until the afternoon. This itinerary is my favorite. Have a great cruise!!

IMO, FTTF is a waste of dollars in SJU.  You will be able to board late morning or whenever you arrive after the ship is cleared of the previous pax.

You can board, secure your luggage and go out and about, just check when you need to be back for muster.

I don't know about early or late times, but we boarded the Fascination in San Juan over 4th of July at our "appointed" time, and wizzed right through and on to the ship. No delays. We did not have FTTF, and it was a very full ship.