All inclusive photo package

TwinMommyByGrace

We'll be sailing next August on a family cruise to Alaska. I was looking online and saw that HAL offers an all inclusive photo package.  Has anyone ever purchased this package and what has been your experience? Do you feel it is worth it? We usually don't buy pictures but since this will be the first time we're taking a large family trip (3 generations, ages 9-79) I thought we probably would this trip.  How much are the pictures to purchase if you don't have the package (I know they don't include the USB stick if purchased individually)? Also, does anyone know if I add it to my booking will it include everyone in my cabin (like pictures of just my kids, if I'm not in them) or can it also include everyone in my party (3 Neptune suites)?  We're sailing on the Eurodam. Thank you for any information you can provide.

3 hours ago, TwinMommyByGrace said:

We'll be sailing next August on a family cruise to Alaska. I was looking online and saw that HAL offers an all inclusive photo package.  Has anyone ever purchased this package and what has been your experience? Do you feel it is worth it? We usually don't buy pictures but since this will be the first time we're taking a large family trip (3 generations, ages 9-79) I thought we probably would this trip.  How much are the pictures to purchase if you don't have the package (I know they don't include the USB stick if purchased individually)? Also, does anyone know if I add it to my booking will it include everyone in my cabin (like pictures of just my kids, if I'm not in them) or can it also include everyone in my party (3 Neptune suites)?  We're sailing on the Eurodam. Thank you for any information you can provide.

We purchase a package that includes all the photos at each port plus the gala evening photos in the dining room. We like the templates as a heading for each of our ports calls for posting on the internet. I believe they sell a package that includes all the photos on a USB stick. For a little extra they include the photos. Although, it could be the other way around. We always take the photos and the USB stick for downloading to our computer. Each of the photos are $19.95. Since we are usually on longer cruise, the price isn’t too bad since we have a lot of port calls. You could have the photos taken and than decide whether to buy the package or pay individually. Talk to the photo manager. Usually, when they take the port call photos they take two. One vertically and one horizontally and if you buy a package, you get both.  Also, they do take photos for sail-aways and also at Glacier Bay.

The photos taken with the lights near the front desk cost $40.00 each. Even if you buy only one of the photos, you can easily scan it when you get home to make duplicates. One of these would be worth it if you don’t go usually go studios for a photo season. Family photos are always priceless.

Edited by Storylady

This is a special family cruise, so you want every single photo.  Individual photos are expensive, so you want a package.  Yes, talk to the photography manager after you board the ship.  They want to sell photos to you.  Last winter my issue was getting the best price for back to back cruises for five star mariners.  They contacted Seattle and in a few days had a better photo package price for us.  You need to find out the best price for all photos of your whole family group.  Hopefully they will make you happy.

Barbara

Our experience may or may not be of interest. We sailed in 2018 on K'dam to Norway and purchased the digital package. We got every shot they took on a thumb drive. Price was about $130 or something like that. We sailed this past August on E'dam and had purchased 3 staterooms for our grown children and grandchildren and VERY MUCH were looking forward to a photo option like we had purchased in 2018. It wasn't to be and the people we spoke to had no interest in discussing the value we were offered previously. As a result I think we only ended up purchasing one physical print. It was really sad.

We did just this on the last cruise. The caveat was that one person from the cabin that actually bought the package had to be present in all the included pictures. We picked the cabin with the most folks in it, especially the youngest child, and just made sure to include a person from that cabin in each of those photos. While it is not cheap, and I wish there was a digital only option as I have no use for hard copies of all the pictures, I still thought it was a good deal as we shared the cost across the whole group. We got pictures made at every opportunity and ended up with some really nice ones.