EDGE deck 6 infinite verandahs above smoking area? Cabin 6266

LSKC

Was thinking I found a good IV location on deck 6 (WAY cheaper for our sailing) #6266 with some kind of open area of a restaurant perhaps below on deck 5? Anyone know. Hoping this is a good location, have a courtesy hold til tonight so need to decide. Not a fan of cigarette smoke so wondering if that will be a big issue. 

Any other specific forward or aft deck 6 cabin #'s you'd recommend, appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by LSKC

I  am not the location pro,  so I hope VtCruiser or others answer.....but I think this open restaurant area on 5 is possibly the area  outside BLU.  No one  really ate out there due to horrible loation between life boat/ davits and very large window washer apparatus ..Did not see smokers there but Curtains in BLU  were kept closed most of the time.  

Deck 6 has its issues!

• Like 1

There is a small outdoor area--a smaller portion of which allows smoking--on the port side of Deck 5 off of Eden...  On the deck plan, you will see the entrance to that outdoor area--well aft of Blu--opposite the aft-most public restrooms...  As you are looking at a stateroom on the starboard side of Deck 6, no chance of smoke incursion...

The other smoking areas on Edge are located--for lack of a better description--on Deck "14.5" that is accessible via a single flight stairway adjacent to the Mast Grill/Pool Bar with another on Deck 15 that is aft of the Rooftop Garden in route to the Sunset Bar... 

Edited by Xport
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, hcat said:

I hope VtCruiser or others answer

I answered on another thread that it is a great location - no smoking and Blu outside dining below, which is not used too often per reports. Someone stayed in that cabin and loved it. The view is below.

image.png.cd435814854b1aa92d974070b44877b0.png

image.png.b266d91508cd337c6e138f2da9808b7c.png

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

I answered on another thread that it is a great location - no smoking and Blu outside dining below, which is not used too often per reports. Someone stayed in that cabin and loved it. The view is below.

YES thank you - you have been super helpful!

19 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

our friends are also booking a cabin. Looks like i'd be safe to recommend 6264 or 6262 based on the first photo (if they want the cheapest IV pricing)

13 minutes ago, LSKC said:

our friends are also booking a cabin. Looks like i'd be safe to recommend 6264 or 6262 based on the first photo (if they want the cheapest IV pricing)

6264 and 6262 are connecting cabins by a door inside the cabins. People really haven't reported much noise between connected cabins because sounds like they are double doors, so may not be an issue. Maybe you and your friends want to have 6264 and 6262 so that you can leave the door open at times?

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

6264 and 6262 are connecting cabins by a door inside the cabins. People really haven't reported much noise between connected cabins because sounds like they are double doors, so may not be an issue. Maybe you and your friends want to have 6264 and 6262 so that you can leave the door open at times?

great idea

1 hour ago, vtcruising said:

Looks great...in between views of  all the other stuff,  and BLU outdoor dining is mostly empty tables.

Lovely sea views!

Edited by hcat

2 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Not much cruise experience here. Trying to picture what connecting rooms with double doors entails. Do you know of any photos or video that would show this? Could be a good way to "expand" our small living space LOL

8 minutes ago, LSKC said:

Not much cruise experience here. Trying to picture what connecting rooms with double doors entails. Do you know of any photos or video that would show this? Could be a good way to "expand" our small living space LOL

Here is a picture where the door is near the entrance door. By double door, I meant a door on either side, so each cabin would have to open a door and prop it open (like connected hotel rooms). I don't think it would open your space up, but might be convenient to prop the doors open at times.

It's the tan door to the right.

image.png.5edd3cc994ae695e8c7192584f3032e3.png

• Like 1