Anthem of the Seas Review with Pics 9-night New England Cruise Oct 2019

CupKayke

Thank you for a great review. We also were on this sailing and it was interesting to read someone else’s experience of the same trip. I actually remember seeing your costumes. Too bad you missed We will rock you because it truly was a great show. I was pleasantly surprised that they were able to pull off Queen’s music. 

Thank you for your lovely review.  This is another one of those bucket list cruises I want to take in the future.

Years ago we spent two weeks camping at Acadia and it was so wonderful.  We explored the whole area using the park as our home base.  It really is such a beautiful place to go.  It's well worth getting up super early to drive up Cadillac Mountain to see the sunrise there.  It's the first sunrise in the US and it's so pretty.

Edited by loltastic
  • Like 1

Hello CupKayke

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. 

We took a Canada New England cruise a number of years ago where the ship did not reach Halifax because of an impending hurricane headed to the area. The Captain  returned the ship to NYC which became a port day. There are no guarantees for weather ! Good that your DH and you enjoyed your vacation despite some rain and high seas.

I noted that you heard the Princess ship play a song on the ship’s horn as it was leaving a port (Halifax or St John?). The song is the theme from the Love Boat show which was on TV long before your time, I think. The show featured a Princess ship- possibly the original Pacific Princess (smaller ship,no balconies !).

Princess began playing that song when the new class of ships - Royal Class- began sailing. It may have also coincided with a special anniversary for the cruise line.

The Godparents for the second ship of the Royal Class, the Regal Princess ,were members of the regular cast of the Love Boat show. There is a special display of photos of the cast as they were on the show and as they were at the time of the Regal  Princess christening. It is near the GuestServices desk ,so it is visible to many passengers.

You could Google the song if you like. When we are on the any of newer Princess  ships,we smile when the Captain plays the horn !

Kay and J?  Men in Black reference?

We are doing a similar itinerary (Newport, RI, Boston, Bar Harbor, St. John and Halifax) and was hoping for more info on your ports. In Boston we plan on doing some of the revolutionary war cemeteries (Paul Revere's grave, etc.) using MBTA. In Bar Harbor we will do Acadia using the Island Explorer. Titanic cemetery is on the docket in Halifax and still looking for ideas in St. John. We are cruising in July so hopefully the weather will be more cooperative.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such an in-depth review with pictures. I really enjoyed it. I will be sailing on Anthem in January for the first time. I’m also staying at the same Doubletree where you stayed. 

I’m sorry the weather wasn't so great in Canada for you. It just means you’ll have to go back another time. Halifax truly has alot to offer. St. John has some interesting features.

I wanted to mention that the Government of Canada offered a sincere apology to the descendants of those on the ship St. Louis for refusing to allow the ship to land in Canada.  It was a shameful decision.

it’s always hard to know everything about a new-to-you ship. Your review has helped me to know what to do and where to go at certain times.  I also have a balcony cabin, so your picture has given me a glimpse into what to expect. 

Thank you again, and try not to work so hard....stop to take a cruise more often...and enjoy the Christmas markets in Quebec City...😊

Joyce