Wine Rules

Eve

Hi All~

I've got a very special bottle of wine I'd like to take on my upcoming cruise. It's rather expensive...in the $50 range and I know it is not available on board.

Can I drink this wine in my cabin without incurring a corking fee? We will be in a suite. Does anyone know the corking fee in the dining room?

Also, can I request a cheese plate anytime from room service to go with the wine, or are cheese plates available only during dining room hours?

Thanks for the help in advance. Leaving soon and I can't wait!

The corkage fee is only imposed if you have HAL serve the wine, so having it in your cabin will not incur a fee. If you send/bring it to the dining room the corkage fee is $15.

You can order a cheese plate from room service. I believe that's one of the items that's most always available.

Eve: We are going on RYNDAM ON mar. 5th. I CALLED Hal and they told me that we could bring wine aboard to drink in cabin and if we wished we could pay a 15 dollar corkage fee if we wanted it served at dinner. Rechecked a second time and was told we did not have to sneak wine as it Ok to bring to drink in room. Emphasized, no hard booze allowed to be brought aboard. okbowler

Hi Eve,

Since my TA always sends me a bottle of wine, and I usually bring another one on board with me, I always pack a corkscrew in my checked luggage and have never had a problem.

Enjoy your wine and your cruise.

Valerie:)

Archived