Carnival Craft Beers ❓

Artemus

Thinking about cruising on Breeze. Have sailed on about a dozen Carnival cruises but it’s a few years since sailing carnival.

I’m seeing there are some new Carnival craft beers ... an IPA, a wheat, an amber. Seems they come in cans. Just wondering about their availability. Are they now on the ships, are they at bars Any of them on draft

Any information would be appreciated. I used to like Thirsty Frog so I’m looking forward to that.

Edited by Artemus
Spelling mistake

3 hours ago, Artemus said:

Thinking about cruising on Breeze. Have sailed on about a dozen Carnival cruises but it’s a few years since sailing carnival.

I’m seeing there are some new Carnival craft beers ... an IPA, a wheat, an amber. Seems they come in cans. Just wondering about their availability. Are they now on the ships, are they at bars Any of them on draft

Any information would be appreciated. I used to like Thirsty Frog so I’m looking forward to that.

When we were on the Magic in September I think that in the Red Frog Pub I saw all three on tap. At the other bars they were in cans. 

35 minutes ago, Cruisefanatic71 said:

When we were on the Magic in September I think that in the Red Frog Pub I saw all three on tap. At the other bars they were in cans. 

Thank you. I finally found a thread with some good information.

The Vista has the brewery onboard and my hubby did the Brew Tour this past Sept.  Really enjoyed it.  Most ships have 1 or 2 of the beers made on the Vista on tap, but this past year they started canning them.  Hubby says they aren't as good in the cans, must be a different recipe used by the brewery in Fla that does it for them.  

I had all three on tap on the Pride in both February and August.  I could always get it in the Red Frog Lounge.  IN the Atrium I think they only had one on tap - the amber and the other two in cans.  ON the Lido deck the private brew was only available in cans and yes they did run out one day.  

They will let you taste them and also have a flight of all of them with small pours.  I am a draft beef fan and love IPA so I was very happy

Looking forward to enjoying them again with the winter break cruise out of Baltimore in Baltimore 

13 hours ago, ABQrobin said:

The Vista has the brewery onboard and my hubby did the Brew Tour this past Sept.  Really enjoyed it.  Most ships have 1 or 2 of the beers made on the Vista on tap, but this past year they started canning them.  Hubby says they aren't as good in the cans, must be a different recipe used by the brewery in Fla that does it for them.  

We did the tour on the Vista also. Also in September. Were we on at the same time I wonder? Since I write about beer, I didn't so much actually need to learn how it worked, but it was awesome to ask some questions about brewing at sea. Also, the amount of beer you get during the tour offsets the cost.

Yes, the canned beer is made in a large production facility and does taste different than smaller batch brewing. 

11 minutes ago, amyotravel said:

We did the tour on the Vista also. Also in September. Were we on at the same time I wonder? Since I write about beer, I didn't so much actually need to learn how it worked, but it was awesome to ask some questions about brewing at sea. Also, the amount of beer you get during the tour offsets the cost.

Yes, the canned beer is made in a large production facility and does taste different than smaller batch brewing. 

OMG...you are from NM too?  I bet you were with my hubby Ron on the tour.  I think we chatted a few times on the ship.