Playa Mia

argyllsock

Hi All, 

We are looking at doing a beach resort during our upcoming stop in Cozumel.  Right now, our cruise line as a sail on excursions to Playa Mia and its actually cheaper than booking independently.  Any thoughts on Playa Mia?  I hear about Mr Sanchos all the time but can't find much information about Playa Mia.

Great if you have a toddler - they have a popular kiddie splash area. Otherwise I think you can do better  Food there gets poor reviews, especially the buffet option. Mitsugirly has a photo intensive review linked in her signature - check it out.

Besides this board I would also look at trip advisor reviews. Good luck!

Edited by JohninDC

3 hours ago, JohninDC said:

Great if you have a toddler - they have a popular kiddie splash area. Otherwise I think you can do better  Food there gets poor reviews, especially the buffet option. Mitsugirly has a photo intensive review linked in her signature - check it out.

Besides this board I would also look at trip advisor reviews. Good luck!

@JohninDC thank you.  No kids so that wouldn't be a plus for us.  Food is an issue.  I'll check out Mitsugirly's review and dive deeper into tripadvisor.

1 hour ago, argyllsock said:

Beach, drinks, and food...in that order!  Just want a stop where we can dip our feet into the water.

ok if you want an actual beach with sand, Nachi Cocom will be highly recommended by many - not our favorite since it is AI and we didn’t find the service to be very good but it is quiet and relaxing with a pool and no water toys. It is a good option if it is a busy port day. Needs to be reserved in advance.

Palancar offers good food, drink, beach. It is further south so more expensive taxi. PAYG plus lounger rental.

Paradise Beach, large PAYG/AI beach club, popular with families but excellent, clean facilities plus large pool. 

Mitsugirly has intensive photo reviews of all three.

Playa Azul beach club at Playa Azul hotel to the north, tends to be quieter, out of popular area, small rocky/sandy coves.

Edited by c-leg5