How good is the internet on the Reflection, really?

dadofjessie

I don't know if this is a topic that has been address so sorry if I am repeating an already discussed issue.  My question is: how good is the internet on the Reflection, really?  We have been on RCL Oasis class ships and the internet there is quite good.  Good enough, in fact, that we are able to stream videos from Netflix (when in the fitness center, at least) and Facebook as well as WiFi calling.  For our cruise on the Reflection next spring we have as part of the 4 perks package, unlimited internet; will we be able to stream, or be able to WiFi call someone back home?  Thanks for your responses.

We sailed on the Reflection this past Aug/Sept to the Baltics and had complimentary wifi since we were in a suite.  Overall, the wifi was really good.  We streamed Netflix a couple of nights from our room (we bring an HDMI cable to attach to the TV), I made a couple of wifi calls for work and my husband had success streaming Netflix to his ipad in the Solarium.  Facebook, Google searches, etc. were all good UNTIL the last sea day.  We could barely connect at all even just for a simple web search.  We showed a good connection but everything buffered.  I was very glad that hadn't happened earlier in the cruise.  It wasn't a big deal that day but I was very glad I didn't have a work commitment.

Internet speed on cruise ships is more related to ship position than pretty much anything else. We were told that the RCL Voom Internet was awesome but when we sailed Ovation of the Seas in Alaska last summer, it was the worst we had seen. Yet less than two months later we were on Allure of the Seas and had the best ever. Our experience says that when ships are further from the Equator (where satellites are positioned) the speed deteriorates the further north you go. Many people have told us that Reflections was pretty good. When we were on her last June in Iceland, the speed was horrid. 

Kind of depends on where you are going.

Jim

It also depends on where you are on the ship and what time of day.  In the evening after a port call it's usually really slow.  I found some areas had decent speed and others were terrible most of the time.  I never found it good enough to stream in our cabin when I was on Reflection in March.