digital camera

gottagoacruzn

Hi guys, have had a Kodak FZ151 pix pro digital camera, an lately I've noticed that when I take a picture, its blurry. Have noticed a scratch on the lens, would that have anything to do with the blurry pictures? While at the store noticed a Canon Power Shot Elph 190 IS, anybody got any suggestions on this camera? Any info would help, thanks.

Virginia

To be honest, most new smartphones are a better choice for picture taking than the Canon Elph 190.  Your Kodak has a 15x optical zoom while the Elph 190 only has a 10x.  I think a better choice for a shirt pocket camera would be the Canon SX620 which has a 25x optical zoom.  Just trying to give you something to think about.

Cameras P&S have come a long ways since the last Kodak ( a reason they went bankrupt ), almost any P&S made in the last couple years can be better.     Also as another poster mentioned any highend smartphone is better too, LOL, but w/o the flexibility of reach on a zoom.

As to why blurry, 1) the scratch and shooting into direct sun light can cause glare and haze look that could be a possibility 2) the stabilizing falied, 3) the lens is dirty or inner elements, with a extending zoom, perhaps with lots of use dust or other stuff got in.

Cameras are so cheap if it is going bad/went bad electronics these days are throwaway, so wasteful but the way of the modern Moore's Law world, LOL

Hey Chipmaster an Oakman, today while in Walmart, I ran across two Kodak cameras, one was  AZ252-BK, pixpro for $129, an the other was AZ401-RD for $149, on Black Friday the AZ401 camera will be on sale. They both take 4 AA batteries, the camera I have now, doesn't take batteries. Don't think I'll be goin back to buy them. Any thoughts?