PC to MCO on Disembark - 11:40am Flight

Mini-haha

Hello There!  We are cruising out of PC in February on Harmony (only ship in port).  Our flight out of MCO is at 11:40am.  Are we ok to take an 8:15am shared shuttle with Cruise Control or should we book private transport?

Also, we are self disembarking, what time should we line-up to get off the ship?

Thanks much!

Amy

59 minutes ago, Mini-haha said:

Hello There!  We are cruising out of PC in February on Harmony (only ship in port).  Our flight out of MCO is at 11:40am.  Are we ok to take an 8:15am shared shuttle with Cruise Control or should we book private transport?

Also, we are self disembarking, what time should we line-up to get off the ship?

Thanks much!

Amy

The Harmony is great at moving people off the ship very quickly.  We have done self assist many times,  but I will warn you there will be a huge amount of people who also want to do self assist.  We always made sure we were downstairs and in line by 5:45 am and always were off the ship between 6:30-6:45am.  Sometimes the backup occurs in customs unless you have a passport....then you can zip through the facial recognition line and be out the door in no time.  

If you do self assist you could catch an earlier shuttle if you need to.  Another shuttle suggestion would be Cortrans Shuttle...they are $20pp and are very reliable.

Thanks GTO-Girl for the info.  So, I am not really interested in lining up at 5:45am, unless of course I have to in order to make an 11:40am flight.  What is the latest I should plan on lining up for self-assist to make an 11:40am flight (with a little added time padded in for potential issues)?

What time should I plan on for a shuttle?  Is an 8:15am cutting it too close?

4 hours ago, Mini-haha said:

Thanks GTO-Girl for the info.  So, I am not really interested in lining up at 5:45am, unless of course I have to in order to make an 11:40am flight.  What is the latest I should plan on lining up for self-assist to make an 11:40am flight (with a little added time padded in for potential issues)?

What time should I plan on for a shuttle?  Is an 8:15am cutting it too close?

if you are doing “self assist”.... after they release the first wave @ 6:30 you are free to walk off the ship anytime after that.  As I said the backup may be in the terminal unless you have passports and can do the facial recognition which allows you breeze right through.

As the previous poster said....if the shuttle is “leaving” at 8:15 you should be okay BUT if you have to wait for it to fill up then, in my opinion, you will be pushing it.

On 11/17/2019 at 4:18 PM, JohninDC said:

For an 11:40 flight you need to be at MCO by about 10:00, so with a 45 minute drive from the port any shuttle leaving before about 9:00 will work.

The airport is advising that travelers arrive at least 2 hours early due to enhanced security measures. So that would mean arriving by at least 9:40.