Malt Shop Cruise 2019

amazeenggal

Hi..Has anyone had a cabin on the 8th deck on the Eurodam/Malt Shop Cruise? We reserved a cabin on that deck  for the 202 cruise and I am wondering if anyone who had one there felt seasick. They say the higher up you go the more likely you will feel it. Thanks

I have stayed in  cabins  on the 8th deck.  In fact this is our desired location....no problems with motion.  This may be different on a transatlantic cruise.  Cabins directly  under the pools may have a bit  noise.  Under the spa or under the lido restaurant are usually quiet.

As someone who is very prone to seasickness, I can tell you that lower in the ship is definitely better. If the ship is rolling (which we've had on trans-Atlantic and Canadian  voyages), the motion in the Crow's Nest is much greater than the Lower Promenade deck or lower. Good luck! 

6 hours ago, kwb101 said:

As someone who is very prone to seasickness, I can tell you that lower in the ship is definitely better. If the ship is rolling (which we've had on trans-Atlantic and Canadian  voyages), the motion in the Crow's Nest is much greater than the Lower Promenade deck or lower. Good luck! 

I have to add that I had over 30 ship days with absolutely no symptoms before becoming seasick to the point of having to use a wheelchair from the MDR one dinner. I think everyone has some degree of tolerance to a ship's motion, but if you think you'll be bothered, get a cabin that's lower and centered front to back. We always do, if only because they're OV, and we're budget travelers.