Drinks Available on Departure Day out of Galveston

PcolaCruzers

When I was researching our cruise departure out of Galveston, I read that there was a limited menu for alcohol until the ship reached international waters.  While on Enchantment last week, I took a picture of the menu in case anyone else with the drink package was curious about their options.  Normal drink menu was available about 2 hours after departure.

20191115_165610.jpg

20191115_165556.jpg

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, PcolaCruzers said:

When I was researching our cruise departure out of Galveston, I read that there was a limited menu for alcohol until the ship reached international waters.  While on Enchantment last week, I took a picture of the menu in case anyone else with the drink package was curious about their options.  Normal drink menu was available about 2 hours after departure.

20191115_165610.jpg

20191115_165556.jpg

Call drinks are available also , but just limited brands . 

Edited by ssb

Nice of you to post this. International water is twelve miles out, and it happens quickly. The ship will reach a cruising speed of about 19-20 land MPH once the pass the end of the jetties.

The switch over is quick and involves those liquor bottles with the tax stamps being stored away, beer cases locked up (usually those with 12 oz cans) and then they open up.

On week one of our B2B on Liberty back in September, the ship was in port till well after midnight (we were in bed so really had no idea of exactly what time) as they had divers doing hull work.  We stayed on Texas liquor for our entire first day, and we DID NOT suffer at all!  

• Like 2

Yep, this gets a lot more attention than is called for.  Sure, certain brands and premium liquors aren't available until international waters.  BUT there is still plenty of adult beverages to be had.  People just need to relax and be flexible - their favorite drink will be in their hands soon.

Thanks for posting this!