876 Beach Club not responding...

Nashna

I was doing a check on pricing for a day at the 876 Beach Club which we had planned to visit on our January cruise into the Port of Falmouth.  The web site is no longer in operation and I have been unable to find any information online.  I did find on a Trip Advisor Forum that Marriott is taking over a large swath of beach in Trelawny and I am beginning to suspect that 876 might be part of this huge construction project.  Does anyone know if this is the situation with 876?  It is a new beach club and I find it hard to believe that it would open and close and be sold in less than a year.  Now, it looks like we  need to figure out a beach day alternative.  We are interested in a nice beach with umbrellas, chairs and changing rooms.  We do not want to spend the day at an all inclusive as we would only want to stay for three hours and only require a drink.

I have posted in a few other posts that deal with Jamaica asking for information on 876...I got this response.  

yes, it’s open. I was just by there yesterday. There is a entrance fee and as far as I know there’s not a time limit

I believe they close at 5 at least they did over the summer

Another poster on TA suggested that we ask the driver to go to Burwood Beach and then decide about going to 876.  They are right next to each other.  We are going to try this in January.  I'll be sure to post my experiences back here.