Escape Thanksgiving Cruise

gatorchinsky

I won’t be doing a live review but I will post from time to time and answer questions when I can.

We arrived at the port around 11:00.  They were only using Terminal B for check in and boarding.  Lines to check in weren’t too bad.  Since the Escape just came from NY with no passengers we boarded ship right after checking in.  Cabins were also ready.

Right after boarding I headed to Headliners to change around dining.  There were no lines.  What I thought was crazy was that there was not a line to purchase Vibe.  It must have been a little before noon or right at noon when a man came in and asked about Vibe.  They still had passes.

We ate at the buffet and it was not crowded at all which surprised us because it always is the first day.

This is our 8th year cruising Thanksgiving week and this is the first year I was asking where all the people were.

I saw the menus for Cagney’s and Bayamo and they are the menus with the extra up charges.

Last night (1st night) O’Sheehans had the Prime Rib dinner but we didn’t eat there so I can’t comment if it was good or not.

Last night we went to the Supper Club and saw the Flashback Four.  They were good and we enjoyed it.  We also had dinner which wasn’t great but good.  I believe they will be performing a couple days during the week.  There is also another group performing there several times this week.  There is no charge for this.

Like I said I will try and come on and post when I can but I’m on vacation and I lose track of time.  When I get home I can post the Dailies if people are interested.

Here is the 1st night MDR menu.

F57300F1-3196-4809-8DA1-4E5434F1E5E9.jpeg

5210ABD5-4B1F-424C-BA7D-6EBAA598029B.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Have a wonderful cruise! We were on the Escape a few years ago and had a lovely Thanksgiving week, and are on her again in January. 

Thanks for the menus!! If you happen to walk by splash academy and can see the schedule for the 6-9 year olds (“Seals”) I’d LOVE a photo 🙂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jsehlmeyer said:

@gatorchinsky Following along as we'll be on this cruise coming up this weekend.  Can you comment about which day(s) there are photo sessions and if the scenes change each night?

Thanks for the menus!

We don’t do the photo sessions but last night (Day 2) was the dress up or not evening.  There were a lot of families dressed up to get photos done.  The scenes looked like they did for every other cruise we’ve been on.

So far our cruise has been wonderful.  Service has been good and crew are very friendly.

Saw Choir of Man last night and it was fabulous!  We don’t plan on seeing After Midnight because it has never really appealed to us.

We did not get off ship today in Roatan but it was a tender port.  We have been also told that we will tender in Cozumel.  We have been to Cozumel numerous times and have never tendered there nor have we ever heard of anyone tendering there.  I’ll let you know if it is actually true.

Dinner specials so far in O’Sheehans has been:

Day 1 Prime Rib

Day 2 Sailor’s Basket

Day 3 Ribs

Dinner specials so far in buffet has been:

Day 1 All American buffet

Day 2 Steak and Shrimp

Day 3 Country western dinner

That’s it for now.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mchl73133 said:

Are you able to post the dailies? Curious to know what nights Dueling Pianos are? Thanks and enjoy your cruise!

I can post dailies when I get home.  The Entertainment sheet says that Howl at the Moon is on Day 1, Day 3, Day 5 and Day 7.

• Thanks 1

On 11/25/2019 at 5:39 PM, Jenner9 said:

If it isnt too much trouble I would love to see the activities or dailies from the Entouarge teen club. Thank you! If not, I understand. Thank you for posting.

Here is the Entourage activity sheet.  My 15 yr old son is really enjoying himself on the ship.

671A674B-9B5F-4A77-B7C3-EEF6AD0A10A8.jpeg

CA7BC920-D58B-4C55-9D36-062BB4ED2A98.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gatorchinsky said:

Here is the Entourage activity sheet.  My 15 yr old son is really enjoying himself on the ship.

671A674B-9B5F-4A77-B7C3-EEF6AD0A10A8.jpeg

CA7BC920-D58B-4C55-9D36-062BB4ED2A98.jpeg

You rock! Thank you so much. I will have a 14 and 15 year old with me in February so they will love to see this. Glad to hear your son is enjoying it! Did he meet lots of new friends while there?

On 11/25/2019 at 3:59 PM, gatorchinsky said:

We have been also told that we will tender in Cozumel.  We have been to Cozumel numerous times and have never tendered there nor have we ever heard of anyone tendering there.

Looks like they'll be 8 ships in port when you're there. I was there with 6 and all were able to dock - but I don't know the max number of berths they have. You're one of the first 3 ships to get to Cozumel though - so it's weird you'd be tendering vs ones that show up later (like Breakaway gets there 3 hours after you). 

Gonna be a crowded day there though!

On 11/24/2019 at 8:27 AM, Two_UW_Badgers said:

Have a wonderful cruise! We were on the Escape a few years ago and had a lovely Thanksgiving week, and are on her again in January. 

Thanks for the menus!! If you happen to walk by splash academy and can see the schedule for the 6-9 year olds (“Seals”) I’d LOVE a photo 🙂

Here are the “Seals” activity sheets

FDA6275C-3EED-44A1-A4D3-9971DC53D587.jpeg

B1D0E3C1-5B2C-4638-B97D-9D40C47947A8.jpeg

• Thanks 1

On 11/27/2019 at 9:49 AM, smplybcause said:

Looks like they'll be 8 ships in port when you're there. I was there with 6 and all were able to dock - but I don't know the max number of berths they have. You're one of the first 3 ships to get to Cozumel though - so it's weird you'd be tendering vs ones that show up later (like Breakaway gets there 3 hours after you). 

Gonna be a crowded day there though!

We are in Cozumel today and we were the second ship to arrive this morning and out of the 7 ships I can see we are the only ship tendering.  Not a big deal but I’ve never had to tender before in Cozumel.

10 hours ago, gatorchinsky said:

We are in Cozumel today and we were the second ship to arrive this morning and out of the 7 ships I can see we are the only ship tendering.  Not a big deal but I’ve never had to tender before in Cozumel.

Interesting. Maybe cozumel does it by when you book it vs when you show up? Definitely admit I'm not versed enough in that, though I've heard sometimes about us getting the "better" position on the dock at ports due to getting there first.