Zaandam Activities on Sea Days?

ColonyGirl2

Hi All,

We will be on a 22 day cruise next month on the Zaandam with quite a lot of sea days and scenic cruising days.  Are there any recent cruisers on Zaandam that can comment on if they put bridge and/or mahjong on their schedules?  Can anyone confirm if Zaandam has mahjong sets on board?

Trying to decide if I should buy a travel mahjong.

21 minutes ago, Billthekid said:

The way HAL is eliminating things on cruises it will be safe to bring your own just in case.  And maybe a deck of cards.😎

Do you think HAL will soon charge a "deck" fee (per deck of cards) similar to a corkage fee?   We brought along a "Mexican Train" game on one long HAL voyage at the request of some folks on the CC Roll Call.  And no, HAL did not have any Mexican Train games (kind of like dominos) in their inventory.  We have seen folks with their own Mahjong sets on cruises.  HAL used to have Bridge Directors on most of their cruises but eliminated that from most voyages (Bridge does not generate revenue for the cruise line).

Hank 

4 hours ago, ColonyGirl2 said:

Hi All,

We will be on a 22 day cruise next month on the Zaandam with quite a lot of sea days and scenic cruising days.  Are there any recent cruisers on Zaandam that can comment on if they put bridge and/or mahjong on their schedules?  Can anyone confirm if Zaandam has mahjong sets on board?

Trying to decide if I should buy a travel mahjong.

I have seen Mahjong sets on board the ships - especially the S & R ships and the now departed Prinsendam.

However, things can be missing so you may wish to bring your own updated card stet.

Mahjong has been listed on the daily activities for the cruises we have been on and the one I was just following by richwmn .  I’m not sure if they do it for shorter cruises, though.