Reord earnings for RCI

poetic license

Interesting that stock prices are down in light of the newly released 2005 earnings report. My guess is that pending lawsuits from passengers of missing persons and the most recent report of crew misconduct are affecting this.

Here is the report: http://www.corporate-ir.net/ireye/ir_site.zhtml?ticker=rcl&script=410&layout=9&item_id=811875

Cheers,

When I just checked, RCI's stock price was up by nearly $2, a result, I am sure, of their financial performance last year. However, the price of oil, the war in Iraq, and several other factors have had a negative effect on the price of their stock as it has on many stocks for many months now.

As negc pointed out the stock price of RCL is up! It gained a whopping $2.42 today, a big recovery. It had fallen over the past couple of weeks following some rumors as to poor performance, that were generally untrue as indicated by todays press release, and a down-rating by some analysts. This gain reflected some solid performance gains and the fact that the gain happened on a day the overall market is down 100 points is a very good response in my mind.

Unfortunately the entire Travel industry has been performing poorly in the market in recent months/years, as is the overall market. RCL, like many other companies has been more or less bouncing up and down in a trading range, with no real change over the last year or two. I think this is more a reflection of overall market conditions than RCL, and Carnival, which has not fared any better.

And as for the "missing person" and "crew conduct" reports, here is a quote from one of the reports of the press conference:

Sensationalized media coverage of missing honeymooner George Smith has not hurt bookings, according to Royal Caribbean International president Adam Goldstein.

`We haven't seen any meaningful impact on the business,' Goldstein said in response to an analyst's question during today's earning call. He added that travel agent partners have not reported any effect.

`Clearly the media frenzy isn't helpful to anyone, in any way,'

Goldstein noted. He told analysts: `We will continue to set the media record straight.'

Hi Everyone !

RCI Stock had an outstanding day today. It was + $ 2.42 for the day. (+ 5.82 %). IMHO, thats an outstanding day, especially as the market was down over 100 points today.

Did anyone notice that RCI Settled with Alstom for $38 Million, for the M-Class Pod Problems. I do not know if that amount was a good settlement or not, but at least they got paid on it. The press release went on to say that they still have a suit remaining against Rolls Royce.

I found that to be very interesting news.

I was going to buy more if it went below 40. Almost made it, huh?:)

Well I went ahead and bought our 1st 100 shares early this morning and caught some of the rise. Sold my wife's company stock that she got as a 25th work anniversary bonus (which went down today) to finance it.

Archived