Glorious Jerusalem on Celebrity

golferwife

46 minutes ago, golferwife said:

Has anyone taken the Glorious Jerusalem tour on Celebrity?  We are trying to determine whether we actually get inside the Church of the Holy Sepulchre or is it a drive by.  Thanks in advance

You might post your query on the Middle East forum here: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/19-africa-amp-middle-east/

or the Celebrity forum here: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/16-celebrity-cruises/

BTW - you cannot drive by the Church of the Holy Sepulchre (you could, however, walk by).

Edited by dogs4fun

1 hour ago, golferwife said:

We are trying to determine whether we actually get inside the Church of the Holy Sepulchre or is it a drive by.  

It can't be a drive-by - with a car, let alone a big bus, because other than a few access roads it's all narrow lanes.

I'm surprised that the tour itinerary doesn't mention a walking element in the Walled City (add the Wailing Wall, the revealed Roman street of shops, etc., all accessible only on foot.)

JB :classic_smile:

16 minutes ago, golferwife said:

Thanks. I actually meant “ walk by “. My husband really want to get inside. I’ll add to Middle East forum

The it'll be a matter of timing - whether there's time in-hand or the tour's behind schedule.

Unless things have changed there's not normally a line to enter, and no fee.

BTW don't be tempted to spend longer & catch up with the tour later - the Walled City is a rabbit-warren and you'll be totally lost within two or three turns :classic_ohmy:

JB :classic_smile:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/19/2019 at 11:25 AM, Markanddonna said:

Why don't you go with Guided Tours Israel?  We just spent three days with them in Israel and the experience is SO much better than a ship excursion!  I'm working on a very extensive review and summary right now.

Yes, I was wondering the same thing... Have you posted your review yet? Thanks!