Still Have The Bar Setup?

jax

JHP is correct

They still give you the two bottles (double occupancy), in your cabin as long

as it is not a premium brand. Then you receive just one bottle.

Example: Canadian Club ok Crown Royal premium.

Is the bar set up of 2 bottles of liquor per cabin still included? didn't see any thing about this on the Rssc site.:)

I'm sailing on the June 21st PG cruise and a link to a "butler form" to choose liquor and snacks just showed up under "my cruises" on the RSSC website. It wasn't there the other day, so maybe it comes as you get closer to sailing?

well, flyer, you are special! The rest of us have to order, and you are asked to do so! Enjoy your butler, and use him for all you've paid for! And please send us sea -mail to let us know of your experience!

well, flyer, you are special! The rest of us have to order, and you are asked to do so! Enjoy your butler, and use him for all you've paid for! And please send us sea -mail to let us know of your experience!

LOL. Well, the concept of being "special" does feed in to my Diva fantasies :) but I think others might want to check if they are getting close to a cruise under the "my cruises" area of the site and see if the ordering link is there. I'd gone over to see if any excursions were posted and stumbled onto the online form accidentally. If not, then it might indeed be because of the level of cabin booked.

That on-board booking is indeed available to us in "steerage" who do not have butlers, and we are perfectly happy with it! From my experience, it works about 1/2 the time of getting my ensuite liquor into the cabin! If not, I can count on it being there after dinner on the night of embarkation!

Hey, JHP, I saw you'd mentioned somewhere on these boards that you have over 150 days cruising with RSSC. Lucky you! That's great--and it makes me feel like I've booked an excellent product. Lord knows, I'd love to build loyalty with a cruise line, if anything for the benefits it brings, but I'm new to cruising--as a world traveler I can't believe I waited this long!--and I've done only 2 other cruises in my life, the past 2 summers, enjoyed them both, but while RC's service and food was reasonably well-executed in Alaska, I was NOT impressed with Princess in Great Britain at all (I think the steward had had a recent lobotomy). So, this time I decided to step up to the "luxury" category. I have high hopes for the PG cruise. I had to take the B suite because I'll be sharing with 2 teens & the PG cabins are small, as you well know, and I felt we'd be MUCH happier with more elbow room and the third berth. AND, I look forward to the pampering! I will savor it. But it's nice to know that "steerage" (you're funny) on the rest of the RSSC ships means an even larger cabin than what I'm paying premium rates for on the PG-- 300 sq feet plus for the lowest class of cabin! And balconies, which I had to pay for on the PG. If the experience on the PG is as good as I anticipate it'll be, I'll be back on this line again. In "steerage" on the larger ships!!! Ha.

flyer, your teenagers are going to LOVE their cruise! Just keep them busy, and pay RSSC to help with that with excursions to keep everyone busy and out of the cabin! (oh, no, I could not do THREE in a cabin, so you are brave, but worry not!) On my one PG cruise, (I did have a balcony C cabin) I took my son and girlfriend (as a college graduation gift to both...unfortunately she will not be my DIL) and my daughter who had just finished her first year in college. They had a ball! And there were no other younger passengers aboard, other than honeymooners, and a few 20-something Rad employees who were aboard for whatever reason....my daughter found them and had fun!

You noted that I have 150 days on RSSC. I just passed that milestone after 16 cruises, so most of them were short. I am not the World Cruise type, but savor every cruise and have the anticipation for each of them as if it were my first. I too, was a land type traveler until about 5 years ago, and considered myself a world traveler as well. For now, this cruising thing suits me fine if it will take me to places I want to go with the minimum of planning and maximum service, food, accommodations, etc. I still do land trips when I think a cruise just can't deliver what I need.

I hope your high hopes for PG are delivered. There have been a lot of differing opinions since the ownership changed a couple of years ago, (RSSC only leases and/or manages this ship) and I think there were bumps along the way. I read every post on this and another board about PG, and I think the owners have recognized that they need to give RSSC the leeway to continue what they have done in the past to keep people happy. Recent reports seem to be like they used to be. The PG is a prime entry point for Radisson cruisers who then book future cruises with their company on the ships they own, so they have every reason to want to make you happy. Hope they do this, and that you will report back to us~

I'm sailing on the June 21st PG cruise and a link to a "butler form" to choose liquor and snacks just showed up under "my cruises" on the RSSC website. It wasn't there the other day, so maybe it comes as you get closer to sailing?

Our butler form is already available to be filled out, and we're not sailing till June. Yet we can't select our excursions until April!

I found the alcohol selection peculiar...for "Premium Brands" they list the names "Scotch Whiskey", "Bourbon", and "Vodka" - no brand names...? Yet, they list brand names under the "Standard" selection. Strange. And no premium gin? I love Bombay Sapphire. I also wonder if you chose beer only and no hard liquor, would they only give you a couple cans/bottles of beer? LOL! I would HOPE they would stock your fridge with your requested brand for the duration of the cruise without charging you extra, but I'm not counting on it. I know Greg & I would forego the hard stuff if we could just have a few beers stocked each day, and it would probably be less expensive for them.

Petlover who is currently on the Seven Seas Mariner said the rumor is that ALL

2007 cruises will be inclusive!!!

Now that really makes RSSC a very good deal.

We are loyal to Silversea but trying the PG this June...if we like it, and if in 2007 RSSC is truly all-inclusive, we will be MUCH more likely to sail them again!

The Sapphire bottle is prettier, but in blind taste tests most people preferred regular Bombay Gin. And in a recent test, Beefeater (definitely not premium) won. For dry martinis, I personally like Plymouth (Churchill's favorite, and relatively inexpensive), Citadelle (a French gin, which I have ceased drinking for political reasons), and Hendrick's (quirky, with a distinct cucumber flavor) as well as plain old Tanqueray, particularly for gin and tonics.

There will be four cans of beer in the fridge when you embark. You can substitute six beers for a bottle of liquor. If you want to chooose your brand of vodka, etc. just wait til you board and tell your butler. He'll bring it shortly after sailaway. If you're in a high priced suite, you'll have four bottles which you can trade out. Just be sure to be clear with your butler as the language is sometimes a barrier. I had one butler take the bottles I wanted and bring more of what I didn't want. But, it was easy to straighten out.

I am not a gin fancier. I think we all have stories of our (in my case, much) earlier lives when we, well, over imbibed on one particular liquor and it was forever wiped from the list of possibilities. Mine was gin! I think the Vodkas have the prettiest bottles, all those little see-thru scenes.

azgkrudi, it does appear that RSSC is set to go all inclusive in 2007, although I have no authority for this. But when/if it happens, this is going to lend to all of us "apples to apples" choices. I for one could go back and forth between one line and the other in this scenario. Better for the lines, too. A wider base of customers for both lines, and for us; it will be just a matter of itinerary and pricing.

Flyer, ask for it, and you may recieve. After all, with your two kids aboard, you won't be asking for the two bottles you are entitled to, so are entitled to a premium liquor. I'm sure they must have it onboard!

Funny, I got sucked into the Bombay Sapphire thing for a couple of summers (the season for gin and tonic). Then I realized that I much preferred the flavour of good old Gordon's Gin, so I switched back.

I wonder if anybody has compiled a list of premium versus regular brands, a la RSSC?

I would imagine by "Scotch Whiskey", maybe they mean single malts?? I have heard that Grey Goose is definitely premium, but what about scotches and gins, for instance?

On my last cruise, I was sailing single, and request two bottles, one vodka and one white wine and got them, even though technically I was only entitled to one. It was in my suite when I arrived. Hey, they have all brands in the bar, so it's not like the brand is not onboard.

jhp

I've always received two bottles when sailing single. If past practice holds true, they'll provide two bottles when we sail from Ft. Lauderdale, then two more when we leave Funchal. Plus they'll restock the refrigerator with beer. Looks like we'll have to have a party!

Flyer, ask for it, and you may recieve. After all, with your two kids aboard, you won't be asking for the two bottles you are entitled to, so are entitled to a premium liquor. I'm sure they must have it onboard!

Wait, isn't that an oxymoron--having 2 kids aboard and not asking for 2 bottles?!! :) Hey, I'm getting that second one! I can always take it home.

I agree Flyerdreamer. You're a saint. Get the booze. (I have a blended family of six - currently 3 are teens.)

I've been on PG twice (March 2003 and March 2004) with my husband. We're thinking of doing a back to back in March 2007, having my father-in-law and youngest (10 then) join us for the second week. We thought it would be fun to show them around the islands. The excursions are great, but we also enjoyed renting a car and driving around the islands. We stopped often to explore beaches, hotels and pearl shops. I had a list of those things from the reseach I had done in travel books. We met some great people on the islands that way too.

Archived