Ambient Temperature on Longship in Winter

KUID3

We are going on the Viking Danube Cruise late December-early January.  We are prepared for dressing/packing for the excursions. My question is the temperature on board, especially the dining area (sweaters, long sleeve shirts, light jacket etc)?

Thanks

Chuck and Karen

We did a March cruise on the Rhone and on the Seine. I wore winter clothing indoors -- long sleeves, long pants, sweaters and/or vests -- same as I would be wearing at home in similar weather. DH wore long-sleeve shirts or cotton turtle-necks, no sports jacket or sweater (but then again the cold doesn't bother him🙄).  Everyone else on board dressed fairly similarly to what we were wearing.

13 hours ago, KUID3 said:

My question is the temperature on board, especially the dining area (sweaters, long sleeve shirts, light jacket etc)?

We were on the Danube cruise in November - I found the dining room quite cool and wore my sweater and light down vest in the dining room.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2019 at 11:21 PM, KUID3 said:

. My question is the temperature on board, especially the dining area (sweaters, long sleeve shirts, light jacket e

The public areas are air-conditioned so I would assume they stay at a constant temperature throughout the year.

Personally, I find it set too cold, but others were in short sleeves.

What you may feel is the contrast when coming from outside to inside. On lovely warm summer days I found the air-con a cold shock, not so much in the winter.