WIFI Package Questions - on the Pride

michelle028

Hi all,

I will be on the Pride in a few months. 

Quick question about the WIFI packages- can they be purchased by me and then when I log off, be used by another person on a different device? 

Was thinking about purchasing the Value Package. How is the speed on this one?  I need access to email during my cruise.

Also - does anyone know if you could also use Whatsapp with this Value package?

Thanks for your help! 

I haven't been on the Pride in a while, but I have been on other Carnival ships, and the information I give is generally applicable to all of them.

Yes, once you log off, anyone who has your folio number can access your WiFi on any device they choose.

The speed on the Value package is pretty slow on most ships (including the Pride, I think) - expect 1-5 Mbps upload and download, 600-800 ms ping at the best of times.  It's good enough for email if you're patient.

I don't know anything about Whatsapp, so you'll have to let others speak about their experiences with it.

Speeds and reliability will vary from ship to ship. We were on the Glory last year (Value plan) and internet was atrocious. Websites would barely load, if at all. More often not. We’re on the Valor right now, again with the Value plan, and speeds are decent enough. I can post here and check email fairly easily. Sometimes it takes 10-20 seconds for s page to load.

Yes, WhatsApp will work on the Value plan. Actually, it should work on the Social plan to. We use iMessage, which is similar, and it’s been reliable.