Mike the sommelier...

Danno

I'm really hoping we'll be fortunate enough to have Mike, from India, as sommelier on our upcoming Century cruise on Feb 18th...has anyone crossed paths with Mike (about 6-3, friendly, professional, knowledgable) in the recent past, or know where he is.

Mike is about 6-3, slightly balding (sorry Mike), slender, friendly...professional to a fault. He has always tried to get us the St.Francis Merlot Sonoma 1999, which is all but gone I understand...just a nice guy and a pleasure to have as a server.

I'm really hoping we'll be fortunate enough to have Mike, from India, as sommelier on our upcoming Century cruise on Feb 18th...has anyone crossed paths with Mike (about 6-3, friendly, professional, knowledgable) in the recent past, or know where he is.

I think he was our wine steward on Zenith in Nov. He was superb. His two wine seminars were very well attended and informative. He was one of the main reasons our cruise was so enjoyable even though the itinerary had been changed from two ports, Key West and Cozumel, to one in Grand Cayman following a hurricane. Dh who knows something about wine sought Mike's opinion on choice of wine rather than selecting himself.

We also had a wonderful waiter, Dervis, and ass't maitre d'. The dining rm operated so smoothly it was a marvel. It was hard to believe they were serving a battalion of guests instead of just a few special people.

M/R

Tuggers...You obviously have both the money and the time (good for you BTW :D )...I don't have the time...one short vacation a year. That's it.

Once I retire young (53), it'll be a different story...thanks for the offer just the same.

I wish our friends could experience Zenith before the beans counters do away with her one day.

Danno --

We had Mike last February on Zenith. At the end of that cruise he went on his "vacation" and said his next contract was on Century. In October, we were on Mercury and one of the bartenders that was on Zenith said he thought Mike was back on Z. We are sailing Z next Monday (2/6). Will let you know if Mike's on board or if anyone knows where he is. BTW -- we'll also be on the 2/18 Century with you.

Archived