3:00am arrival - Hotel recommendation?

Hi!

Will be arriving at the airport at 3 in the morning... Would you have a hotel to recommend that you know for sure has late (early?) check-in?

I have found a few still available with 24hr reception but in the note it says check-in ends at 1am or 3 am... I have found one in OSJ that ends check-in at 5:00am but what if the plane is late or it takes forever to get our luggage or find a taxi... will my daughters and I be stuck in the streets until we can board?

Your comments and suggestions are much appreciated! Thank you!

2 hours ago, 250373 said:

Hi!

Will be arriving at the airport at 3 in the morning... Would you have a hotel to recommend that you know for sure has late (early?) check-in?

I have found a few still available with 24hr reception but in the note it says check-in ends at 1am or 3 am... I have found one in OSJ that ends check-in at 5:00am but what if the plane is late or it takes forever to get our luggage or find a taxi... will my daughters and I be stuck in the streets until we can board?

I have never been to OSJ or PR myself (hence me stalking these boards lol),  but I work at a hotel in Las Vegas.  For what its worth, the policy here is that a typical reservation ends (or is forfeited) at 2am when night audit kicks in for forecasting and to charge for no-shows.  However, if a guest lets us know that they will be checking in later for whatever reason, a guaranteed reservation will be held.  That can be done either through the comment area if the reservation is made online or followed up with a phone call once reservation is confirmed.  I would highly recommend doing both for two reasons.  One, the comment is written on the emailed receipt; and two, you have the name of the person who received the call.  

Again, though, I am unsure if the same policies would apply there.  Also, my organization is a very large one here so that could also play a factor in our SOPs.  I would definitely call/email the hotel directly to be sure.

Sorry I wasn't a huge help but hopefully someone can you a definitive answer!

• Like 1

We flew into San Juan a couple of months after hurricane Maria.  We got in at 1:00 in the morning. Because options were still very limited and it was so late we stayed at the airport hotel. It's not the greatest, but was very convenient. You can collect your luggage and walk right into the hotel. The front desk is open 24/7. 

On 12/6/2019 at 5:42 AM, 250373 said:

Hi!

Not sure if you secured a hotel yet, but after you posted, I sent an email to Decanter hotel (which is one of the hotels we have on our short list).  They responded saying that they are staffed 24/7 so check in for early am would not be a problem at all.  They did advise to just double check to ensure you reserve the room for the previous night and not the arriving day.  

• 5 weeks later...

Another option might be an AirBnB type thing.  Some of them have lock boxes outside with they keys, so you don't technically need a person to check you in.  I'm sure a lot of rental owners would be fine with the late/early arrival if they had the lock box type set up and you let them know in advance.