First timer with a few questions???

jh602

My wife and I are taking our first cruie on the Oosterdam in March. I picked a guartanteed SZ class room. This meant I could not pick the room location, which is causing me some concern. Am I worrying about nothing or was this a bad choice? THe second question is for day trips at CABO, Mazatlan or PV. My wife speaks fleunt spanish and I dont want to use the ships preplanned activities. Does anyone have any ideas or good/bad experiences??

Thanks in advance for you help.:)

I am also cruising on the Oosterdam in March. What sailing are you on? I found the Ports of Call Board, Mexican Rivera to be a wealth of information.

Here is a direct link for you http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=203

Choosing a guarantee cabin is highly individual. Sometimes the price savings makes it worth it, however, if there is a location you would be dissapointed with then you may wanted to book an assigned room. I've booked several guarantees (including my upcoming Oosterdam) and so far, so good.

Marie

I could only find 2 SZ cabins on the Oosterdam. Am I missing the others???

One is on the hump on the port side (SZ6052) near the front of the ship and the other is on the hump on the starboard side (SZ6117).

People can see you on your verandah when they stand at their rails.

Does anyone see any other SZ suites???

One is on the hump on the port side (SZ6052) near the front of the ship and the other is on the hump on the starboard side (SZ6117).

People can see you on your verandah when they stand at their rails.

This was not entirely our experience in 6117 on the Zuiderdam. If you are on the side of the verandah that juts out people will see you from one side, however, if you are on the side that does not jut out you have almost total privacy, the only exception being if the people in cabins directly adjacent to yours peer around the partition.

Archived