Bella Balcony

brandy3415

On 12/8/2019 at 3:17 AM, JP82 said:

This is a fair topic to bring up. The other topics here do seem to be skewed towards YC. And it does seem that there’s a few posters that like to mention that they’re in YC or sail YC as much as they can. Which is fair enough if you’re proud of that, but still can muddy the water for people coming in here who aren’t doing YC.

Actually, it's NOT just the topics that are skewed to YC.  It's quite frequent in answers to questions even when the OP states that YC is is irrelevant.  You can source many of my recent questions as evidence.

That said, if you read the Celebrity board, you'll get the impression that every sailing goes with tons of empty inside and balcony cabins because everybody is in a suite, Aqua or another upper-class cabin.

Sadly, this does more than "muddy the waters."  It can easily lead to feeling like a second class passenger, and starting the cruise with a jilted,  negative feeling.

Edited by jkgourmet

On 12/8/2019 at 6:16 AM, sidari said:

Some years ago it was suggested that cc add a separate link to the MSC boards for everything YC for the very same reason that the O.P and others over the years have pointed out.

Doing that would leave this board free for the other various posts, we have no desire yet to sail in the YC and I can see how it has become tedious for people to continually see the same questions being asked over and over but not just about YC.

CC it is beyond time that there was a seperate place for YC posts.

CC would have to do that for several cruise lines that currently have the Ship Within A Ship setup.  Celebrity and RCCL suites and Aqua that include things beyond just private sunbeds and pools -they get dedicated, separate dining rooms and menus, butlers, and more.  NCL has The Haven.  I'm sure there are others.

Edited by jkgourmet

I sailed in a Bella inside solo this past September on Preziosa. I don't feel like I was a second class citizen in any way, and as someone else mentioned no one would know you're Bella unless you tell them. I liked that experience enough to book another cruise on MSC for 2021 (Divina) but this time we will be in the Yacht Club

7 minutes ago, cruiser82 said:

I liked that experience enough to book another cruise on MSC for 2021 (Divina) but this time we will be in the Yacht Club

See what I mean???  (Cruiser82, please understand that I'm NOT picking on YOU.  I'm just making my point.)

Edited by jkgourmet

1 hour ago, jkgourmet said:

See what I mean???  (Cruiser82, please understand that I'm NOT picking on YOU.  I'm just making my point.)

I only mentioned it in that post as a joke since it clearly wasn't relevant to anything else I was saying 🙂

• Haha 1