Shore excursion safety

K32682

I was on a cruise to Alaska in 2015, I took a helicopter excursion. While admiring nature a gust of wind buffeted the chopper. Hard.

I realized in an instant that I could die up there. Tragically a few weeks later, one of those helicopters crashed and killed the occupants onboard. 

Years ago, before the world became litigious, these incidents were known as, “Acts of God.”  Unfortunately, as soon as something happens today people look to sue. 

Sometimes s**t happens. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Nic6318 said:

Hi

So, what is it you are suggesting? Should we debate getting out of bed each morning? 

A volcanic eruption that killed/injured people, including cruise passengers is noteworthy.   The OP's question about concerns while on excursions seems like a natural follow up.    

Sometimes there are warnings but some people elect to ignore them.  I remember there was a man who made the national news because he refused to evacuate prior to the Mount St. Helens eruption.  There was a man in Northern Ca who went to the shoreline to get a better view of the tsunami.  Sadly, neither of these individuals survived.