Best Place to eat and shop

Kharwood

20 minutes ago, Kharwood said:

What is the best place to eat and shop within walking distance from the port? I want authentic food! TIA!

Grand Cayman is a tender port. We have always tendered directly into Georgetown which has eating and shopping.

I was surprised last week to see two Carnival ships by Spotts Bay, which I thought was only used in certain weather conditions? I would be interested to know if ships there provide a shuttle to Georgetown? 

18 hours ago, Kharwood said:

What is the best place to eat and shop within walking distance from the port? I want authentic food! TIA!

In Grand Cayman, I love to shop at Guy Harveys.  This is the only island you will find his store.  

On 12/9/2019 at 1:43 PM, c-leg5 said:

Grand Cayman is a tender port. We have always tendered directly into Georgetown which has eating and shopping.

I was surprised last week to see two Carnival ships by Spotts Bay, which I thought was only used in certain weather conditions? I would be interested to know if ships there provide a shuttle to Georgetown? 

We were staying in Bodden Town last week and saw those ships also - they were definitely shuttling to George Town.  I assumed they were there as the seas on the west side were pretty choppy for a couple days.  Our dives had to be "moved" to the south side

29 minutes ago, CT Sean said:

We were staying in Bodden Town last week and saw those ships also - they were definitely shuttling to George Town.  I assumed they were there as the seas on the west side were pretty choppy for a couple days.  Our dives had to be "moved" to the south side

Thanks for confirmation! We have only been to Grand Cayman three times so I wasn't sure how many ships could tender into George town at one time although I certainly seem to remember more than two previously. I thought the other location was only used in bad weather. Our tender ride certainly didn’t seem bad compared to other rides we have had so I was surprised.

• 1 month later...

We enjoy shopping in Guy Harvey and some of the small souvenir shops along the main street.  We like the food at the Paradise Restaurant, a short stroll along the water front from the port.  

Our first trip to Grand Cayman, we took the island tour which was nice.  Our subsequent visits, we just enjoy wandering the waterfront stores and restaurants.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/9/2019 at 1:43 PM, c-leg5 said:

We went to Spotts Bay on Celebrity in December as well. The seas were rough on our trip from Cozumel to GC.

Celebrity provided a shuttle to Georgetown. There we watched the dockworkers recover several shipping containers that had blown into the sea, so they must have had quite the night, too.

• 1 year later...