Taking drink on board ship

susieh

I'm confused - please help!

We're doing our first RCCL cruise this June having done two P&O (UK sister company of Princess) Cruises in the past.

On P&O we can take our own milk and store in a fridge in the cabin and make our own tea if we want. We also took our own wine and had a glass on the balcony before dinner.

Do I understand we cant do that on RCCL? Is there a fridge in the cabin? Are there tea/coffee making facilities in the cabin? I do like my cup of tea when I wake up in the morning and dont want to have to wait for breakfast.

We will be on Sovereign of the Seas.

Thanks for any help

There are fridges in the cabins and you can bring on non-alcoholic drinks. I don't think there are coffee/tea makings but someone can correct me if I'm wrong. You can bring on 2 bottles of wine per person.

I'm confused - please help!

We're doing our first RCCL cruise this June having done two P&O (UK sister company of Princess) Cruises in the past.

On P&O we can take our own milk and store in a fridge in the cabin and make our own tea if we want. We also took our own wine and had a glass on the balcony before dinner.

Do I understand we cant do that on RCCL? Is there a fridge in the cabin? Are there tea/coffee making facilities in the cabin? I do like my cup of tea when I wake up in the morning and dont want to have to wait for breakfast.

We will be on Sovereign of the Seas.

Thanks for any help

It depends on which cabin on the Sovereign you have. Some have a fridge, some don't. But they don't get very cold anyway; I would NEVER trust milk in them. There is always milk (in easy-to-carry cartons) in the Windjammer.

No tea/coffee makers in the cabins, but you can get these hot beverages (almost?) round the clock up on Deck 11.

Remember, the Sovereign was designed in 1986 and went into service in 1988 as the first mega-liner. I think is is a tribute to the design of this threesome that they are still in service. This ship pioneered glass elevators, the atrium at sea, the 2 large pools at midships rather than the tiny pool at the aft, etc.

Still it is an old design and even with renovation and redesign it lacks some stuff found on newer ships simply because there is no place to fit them into the small cabins. Our first cruise in a big ship was on the Monarch, the second of the group, and we still have fond memories of this ship. :)

It depends on which cabin on the Sovereign you have. Some have a fridge, some don't. But they don't get very cold anyway; I would NEVER trust milk in them. There is always milk (in easy-to-carry cartons) in the Windjammer.

No tea/coffee makers in the cabins, but you can get these hot beverages (almost?) round the clock up on Deck 11.

They only way that we were able to bring liquor on board was to pack it very WELL in our lugguge, NOT YOUR CARRYON. This is the only way you can get it on board, that I know of.

"Mom" is quite correct - don't expect anything to stay cold in the fridge - however, you can always order room service for your early morning tea and milk - that's what we do (we're not coffee drinkers).

Archived